Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

fixtures and fittings

The last few weeks it seems all we have had is workmen to our little home,

weve had the plumber as the toilet wasnt flushing, and in the kitchen the waste pipe that connected to the washer mashine was flooding the kitchen floor, they where fixed last week, we have had a gaping hole in our living room due to a long term radiator pipe leak that was in the floor boards of my bedroomx that was fun, the leak was fixed but then we had a hole for ages so it could dry out.

Well today the hole in the living room finally got filled in by the plaster and the living room is look a lot better.

Our light in the bathroom also hasnt been working for around two weeks and we have had a lamp in, but today that got fixed too, so there was more waiting in for the electrition which has ended up with me and J been at home all day, but it was worth it, all that needs fixing is our outside back garden spot light, that lasted a wopping one day! apparently anything electrical can last from a day to 15 yrs!

I cant believe our little house has needed so much done to it.

Interested what youve had done to your fixtures and fittings lately.

JsMumx

I fixed the toilet myself.

I was so pleased.I managed to figure out which part was needed,buy it and fit it. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Unfortunately I used wd40 on the tap under the sink in the kitchen when I tried to turn the water off to mend the toilet. :oops:

The thread did not reseal and I subsequently spent days at DIY shops looking for something to stop the drip only with some success.

Up until a couple of days ago I was emptying a kitchen tray of the water every other day.....even had to enlist the help of the friend who was my tomato water monitor while we were on holiday.

The other day the drop stopped so I am hoping it has resolved itself.

Husband and myself are doing battle with the board on the side of the bath every other weekend as the screws are stuck.We want to stop the bath tap dripping. :D

I broke a breadmaker.

Put dough in it and forgott and hubby unplugged it.

Several weeks later I discovered the dough had completely corroded the pan.

Then I put an almost new wondercooker on the top of the cooker, turned the wrong hotplate on and said wondercooker no longer works.

Not doing well on the electrical front. :blink::blink:

Karen.

brilliant that you correct some the DIY yourself, but I did LOL at your breadmaker and supercooker, classic tactics there, id do the same too if it were me.x

JsMumx

My lovely brother came round last thursday to replace my light fightings in the sitting room.Since we moved here 19mths ago we havent been able to find the correct light bulbs,sounds weird but true.Anyway he got the fitting that takes the average bulb.

I have just got a quote to get the sitting roomcarpet replaced,so that should be done in two weeks time.Before they do it I will paint,there are holes in the walls in some places,some was from the previous tenant.

Wish I could afford to decorate the whole house,it looks like a dump :(

My lovely brother came round last thursday to replace my light fightings in the sitting room.Since we moved here 19mths ago we havent been able to find the correct light bulbs,sounds weird but true.Anyway he got the fitting that takes the average bulb.

I have just got a quote to get the sitting roomcarpet replaced,so that should be done in two weeks time.Before they do it I will paint,there are holes in the walls in some places,some was from the previous tenant.

Wish I could afford to decorate the whole house,it looks like a dump :(

Great that you have help from family, and finally you have light, be that be in your living room anyway.

Dont even go there with the carpet been replaced, mine is defo on the list as well so it will depend just how long that takes for it to become president.

I moved to my home two and half years ago and it is still getting decorated in areas, it takes a long time for a house to become a home, Im sure it isnt a dump, and also if your landlord hasnt sorted out the holes in the wall you could contact your local housing centre to request what are you rights, Im sure that landords have rules and regulations to what they rent out, So I would enquire if its your landlords responsibility or yours.

Hope the painting adds to a bit of relaxation destressing buster as you sound like your going to be busyx

JsMumx

Well, as of this morning looks like I'm going to be replacing the glass in my patio doors.

I've been telling the kids all summer not to mess about with the gravel in the pots on the patio. When I came to mow the lawn today I didn't spot the scattered gravel on the lawn next to the patio and the lawnmower picked it up and threw it straight at my patio doors and shattered them both :crying:

Well, as of this morning looks like I'm going to be replacing the glass in my patio doors.

I've been telling the kids all summer not to mess about with the gravel in the pots on the patio. When I came to mow the lawn today I didn't spot the scattered gravel on the lawn next to the patio and the lawnmower picked it up and threw it straight at my patio doors and shattered them both :crying:

awwwww :crying: That really sucks!!! >:D<<'>

I moved into my house nearly a year ago and had to have quite a bit done. Had the boiler replaced and quite a bit of electrical work has been done already, still more to go. They are going to have to cut little holes in the walls to get at the wiring, so that's going to leave quite a mess when I finally get around to it. The shower is, at best, lukewarm, so I think that needs something doing to it too. My next job though, is a new back door.