Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Disappointed?

I was watching The Simpsons tonight on channel four when the bullsh*t ad break came on and I encountered a lady posing the question, 'Aren't you disappointed when you stop noticing the smell of your air freshener?'

Having given it due consideration I can advise, 'No'.

Incidentally - how many of you have air fresheners that look like small pebbles and/or that plug into the mains and intermittently squirt their fluids into the air like mushrooms ejecting spores and how many have a rusting tin of lavender scented kak that is only marginally better than the stench you are trying to mask?

:D

The one I hated the most was that abomination - Shake and Vac. I remember my mum using it and it must do more damage to your lungs post vacuuming than 60 ciggies a day. The next in the list are those pine tree car air fresheners, eye watering stuff.

I have a plug in thing in the hallway. I switch it on only when someone important, (Mother in Law, the Pope,the Queen etc,) come to visit. :D It's OK for a while, but when your lips start to go a but numb you know it's been on for too long. :o

K x

We cant have anything SMELLY so we prefer our own ferimones and natural smells, we hoover, dust and clean and have the great fresh air from open windows, we dont do that pebbles, plug ins, they cause us to have migrianes and headaches and as Kathryn said your lips go numb, that surely cant be a good sign, but maybe if MIL is the kissy greating kindx

JsMumx

I have a plug in thing in the hallway. I switch it on only when someone important, (Mother in Law, the Pope,the Queen etc,) come to visit. :D It's OK for a while, but when your lips start to go a but numb you know it's been on for too long. :o

K x

I have a plug in thingy in the hall that I only switch on when someone important is coming too... it's called a vaccuum cleaner!

Mine doesn't make my lips go numb, but TBH it's never been switched on for long enough to tell, really...

Talking of rarely used electrical appliances, I found a pair of Ben's school trousers that he'd balled up and thrown in the cupboard at the end of last term and no amount of tumble drying would get the wrinkles out (there's a 'fnar fnar' joke there somewhere if i could be bothered ;))... So last week I reacquainted myself with my old steam iron! Ben was amazed - he said 'I'd seen them before, but i didn't know we had one!' Just to prove I could I ironed him some shirts as well :whistle:

:D

:lol: :lol: I saw the same advert recently, but clearly am more decisive that yourself, for I didn't have to think about it, I just said 'no'. My sister just shook her head and mumbled "talking to the TV again..." :rolleyes::lol:

I have a plug in thing in the hallway. I switch it on only when someone important, (Mother in Law, the Pope,the Queen etc,) come to visit. :D

Best make sure it's ready and working. You might also want to sweep a space on your driveway for the Pope-mobile. :D

It's OK for a while, but when your lips start to go a but numb you know it's been on for too long. :o

I don't think you're plugging it into the right 'socket'... :whistle: