Sign in to follow this  
ktf

Meltdown monster

Hi forgive me for this is my 3rd post today, but i feel everything is coming to a head and

i am not sure what i am doing any more, stress levels are running high :tearful:

Monday was my sons 13th Birthday, he got up complaining he wanted to stay in bed and

now i wish he had.

He went to school not saying much but not looking very happy, when i picked him up he burst in

to tears (practically unheard of) and just kept yelling at me it was my fault and it was ###### over and over:o

I got him home he threw all his cards and presents in my room and said it wasn`t his Birthday, then rammed

his bedroom furniture against his door, i left him to cool off and after an hour managed to persuade him

to let me in.

Basically he said he didn`t feel well and i shouldn`t have sent him to school (he always assumes i know

when he`s not well as he rarely tells me until its obvious)he wanted his Birthday at home and he wasn`t

going to allow us to celebrate it until the next day or even have it mentioned as the whole day had been a disaster!

He had been standing waiting to go into classwhen 2 boys ran through the doors and ran straight into him,

apparently they were playing at tackling each other...they crashed into him and he saw red and grabbed one

of them and threw him against the wall,my son is very strong but said the boy looked shocked as was everyone

around him, stunned into silence.

I don`t think the boy was hurt but even so obviously this is not ok, my son was disgusted with his own

behaviour and i think was shocked at himself.

I kept him off school yesterday as i wanted to see how he was, he had a temperature and said he felt

sick but was happy to be home as he wanted to celebrate his Birthday-which involved him having peace and

quiet at his request and didn`t even really want to open any cards or presents, just wanted to be left alone:huh:

Today he is at home again, he still wasn`t himself last night and to be honest i am worried about him going

to school if he`s not 100%, he has no IEP or diagnosis as we are in the middle of it but school (main

stream grammar school) do know he has Aspergers but if i don`t know how to help him i know they won`t,

he has never had an incident like this before and never have i seen him so angry and in such a state...

I feel a bit better sharing so sorry for long rant!

Hi forgive me for this is my 3rd post today, but i feel everything is coming to a head and

i am not sure what i am doing any more, stress levels are running high :tearful:

Monday was my sons 13th Birthday, he got up complaining he wanted to stay in bed and

now i wish he had.

He went to school not saying much but not looking very happy, when i picked him up he burst in

to tears (practically unheard of) and just kept yelling at me it was my fault and it was ###### over and over:o

I got him home he threw all his cards and presents in my room and said it wasn`t his Birthday, then rammed

his bedroom furniture against his door, i left him to cool off and after an hour managed to persuade him

to let me in.

Basically he said he didn`t feel well and i shouldn`t have sent him to school (he always assumes i know

when he`s not well as he rarely tells me until its obvious)he wanted his Birthday at home and he wasn`t

going to allow us to celebrate it until the next day or even have it mentioned as the whole day had been a disaster!

He had been standing waiting to go into classwhen 2 boys ran through the doors and ran straight into him,

apparently they were playing at tackling each other...they crashed into him and he saw red and grabbed one

of them and threw him against the wall,my son is very strong but said the boy looked shocked as was everyone

around him, stunned into silence.

I don`t think the boy was hurt but even so obviously this is not ok, my son was disgusted with his own

behaviour and i think was shocked at himself.

I kept him off school yesterday as i wanted to see how he was, he had a temperature and said he felt

sick but was happy to be home as he wanted to celebrate his Birthday-which involved him having peace and

quiet at his request and didn`t even really want to open any cards or presents, just wanted to be left alone:huh:

Today he is at home again, he still wasn`t himself last night and to be honest i am worried about him going

to school if he`s not 100%, he has no IEP or diagnosis as we are in the middle of it but school (main

stream grammar school) do know he has Aspergers but if i don`t know how to help him i know they won`t,

he has never had an incident like this before and never have i seen him so angry and in such a state...

I feel a bit better sharing so sorry for long rant!

Hi, I can identify with this my son who is 11 waiting for a dx had a meltdown in class tried to strangle a boy opposite who was saying things about me and my son said he was sticking up for me.....a month later i ahd to de register him from school as he wsnt coping being there ......but every day i used to get told what a bad mum iw as sending him there and wished he wasnt born etc., it usally took 1 and half hours to calm down ... now today i have a home tutor this is his 3 rd day with her she sreally nice he said he liked her but this morning was saying wharss the point in learning history its already happened so he wasnt in his best mood .. i will propbably get it from him when she leaves............i have noticed how when his birthday came along it wasnt always his best ever day used to think it was all the expectation of it ....even although he would say i dont want a party because cousins would ahve to come and they would annoy him and touch his things.......lindy

Sorry to hear about your son's birthday being such a let-down. My son has always found birthdays difficult. For him, it's the combination of the realization that he is growing up, together with the expectation that the day should be 'perfect'. He used to build up so much to the 'big day' that, when it came, it was invariably a disappoitment in some way. It's difficult if school is not enjoyable for a child at the best of times, but when it is their birthday it is twice as hard. My lad never had any friends at school so a day at school for him on his birthday was just the same old same old, no celebration with friends wishing him happy birthday and giving him cards, etc., no-one to share it with it was just get on with his work and be lonely as usual and feel not at all special, the same as all the other days. Birthday days were particularly hard for him because he wanted them to be so much more than they were. It's very sad to watch them suffering on a day when they should be happy, isn't it. :tearful:

~ Mel ~