Sign in to follow this  
Aimee1392

Hiya

Hi i'm Aimee im new to the forum.

I was diagnosed with AS a couple of months ago when i was still 17, after being put in for an interview for an inpatient unit in Bham, as the past November id overdosed for the 3rd time. I had thought that leaving college and being shut away, as i saw it, was my only option, but the person i saw there decided not to take me, and brought up the possibility of Aspergers as explaining my self-injury and ovedosing, as id never really brought up problems with people as an issue before.

Cutting down the past 10 months, i pursued a formal diagnosis, and got one a few months later and worked towards thinking about what it meant to me to have this.

I started a new college last month to do my A-levels, and its been harder than i had ever thought it would be on so many different levels, but contributing to that is that the counselling service ive been going to for 2 years nearly doesnt take people when they're over 18 and so i wont be seeing the person ive been talking to for so long.

Ive been looking for forums recently, mostly because im determined not to go back into old, destructive methods of coping, and also to find people like myself, as ive never talked to anyone else who has the same problems with people that i do.

So hi! Nice to meet you all :D

hey aimee i had same probs as you Mental health wise taking several OD's ending up in hospital until the early hours of the mornin and havin to see a pysch team before i left i also self harm on and off for 7 years since i was 14 years old this how i was 'accidently diagnosed' and the first signs that showed was self harm do you have depression then?

i have suicidal urges all time and want to give in as get so drained tired of fightin i was referred from fam doc had see general counsellor then she saw 'something not quite adding up or right' and then referred to complex difficulties clinic at C.A.M.H.S i been on different meds anti dps wise nothing has touched me ... felt so alone in this etruggle to try keep my mood equal and balanced all time hard task and feel like it impossible everything drags me down and under and feel like things get too much when self -harm numbs me calms me down stops my racing thoughts i get irrational and lose touch with reality i feel like i don't who i am and where i belong i feel so lost and confused feel everything too much effort the pressure overwhelming .....

i cry when on my own of night when everyone else to sleep i feel bad and guilty self harm makes me feel punished makes feel i deserve it i find hard to put my negative emotions into check into words poetry sometimes helps let it out like silent scream feels like no one there to help you in your own little world and no one seems to understand the connection link between depression,anxiety and aspergers and how to step in help and support treatment feel like missing part of me always searching if i ever find true happiness ..... i get paranod frustrated and self harming is gives me natural high buzz .... i feel empty .... it hard addiction like drink or drugs just less known in public profile awareness etc

did being in inpatient unit get you the help and support you needed ..??? were you sectioned in hosp? was vol section or not?

what age did you start self harming

how did make you feel afterwards?

glad i found you!!! i struggling with self harm depression black side clouds again as getting worse ....

XKLX