Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Going on Holiday!

Now that I know what car I will be driving, I have finally been able to book the Isle of Wight ferry for my holiday :)

I chickened out of camping in late October, and have booked a caravan. They all had fancy names, apart from the one I have booked that is called "budget." It wasn't much more expensive than a tent pitch, so as long as it's clean and dry like the reviews suggest I will be happy.

I have never been on holiday by myself before, so I'm quite excited about this. I am going to look at the pussy cats in the zoo, they have some quite unusual cats there including jaguars, white lions, and a tabby tiger!

I am not making too many plans as it's hard to predict how I will be with the ME. If the drive there is quite stressful I may want to spend a day in my caravan reading a book. Sometimes just being away from home is exhausting. I do have some tentative plans and I hope to be up for seeing some of the countryside.

I am sure you will have a brilliant time :D

Just a word of advise. Caravans (especially the budget variety) do not have much heating. You will get a gas fire in the living area and some sort of cooker, but no heating in the bedroom or bathroom.

You could sleep in the living area, or maybe take an electric fan heater with you to warm the bedroom. Obviously be VERY careful if you use the fan heater to warm to bathroom. In fact it is probably best to leave it outside the bathroom door.

Have fun :party:

There was a picture of the living area and there is a gas fire in there. I hadn't thought about the bedroom though, so thank you! The caravan has 6 beds, so an extra duvet shouldn't be hard to find, and I will take my fluffy socks and plenty of layers :) In any case, I think it's going to be warmer than a tent!

Tally

I went to a pub in the Isle of Wight once and there was a car with its boot open and three baby white lions in the back - they were lovely.

If you go and see them in Sandown I can also recommend the Dinosaur Museum there who do some interesting trips out - look up Dinosaur Isle on Google.

They also have some unusual animals at Amazon World - although I wasn't convinced they were kept in the best conditions, not terrible but not wondrous either.

Barefoot

Have a lovely time :)

Bring me back a stick of rock (or a plastic kitten full of coloured sand).

I have some luvverly pics of Ben at Amazon world helping with a falconry display. They get two kids from the audience to squish together leaving a gap about 6" wide and a dirty great bird of prey flies right between them. Ben was made up! They also have a very interesting small primate collection - and, no, I did not leave Ben there on the way out! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Hope you have a lovely, relaxing time, Tally. I'd love to go on holiday on my own, all that time to just please yourself and eat and sleep when you want.

Hope you see some lovely things.

~ Mel ~

Can you find room for me. :whistle::whistle:

I would be no trouble at all and a few days in a caravan with lots of books would do me fine. :)>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Karen.

I am going to the Isle of Wight Zoo as my passion is for cats and they have a lot there. That is my main reason for going to the Isle of Wight. Amazon World has an interesting cat called Geoffroy's cat, which is a species I have not seen, so I might go there as well, just to see Geoffroy's cat, if I have the time and Geoffroy does not mind.

I think if I am up to it, I would like to spend the other day walking.

I am going to the Isle of Wight Zoo as my passion is for cats and they have a lot there. That is my main reason for going to the Isle of Wight. Amazon World has an interesting cat called Geoffroy's cat, which is a species I have not seen, so I might go there as well, just to see Geoffroy's cat, if I have the time and Geoffroy does not mind.

I think if I am up to it, I would like to spend the other day walking.

It was very nice - much like a domestic LH tabby but with a bigger 'bagpuss' stylee head if i remember. Very pretty.

Some of the weeny monkey's were absolutely garjuus too - like wee hairy babies! (awwwww... ook at 'es ikkle fingernails)...

:D

It was very nice - much like a domestic LH tabby

A left-handed tabby? I never knew pussy-cats had hand/paw preferences like humans... :whistle:

Does anyone rememeber that big white cat (Arthur?) who advertised cat food by scooping the food out of the tin with his paw ?

Was he a leftie or a righty ?