Sign in to follow this  
zeldasmum

The words in his head are hurting

Hi

DS has been complaining of pains in his head. Yesterday I was questioning him and he replied "Don't you know its all the words in my mind they won't go away and I can't spell them.

He reads well above his age but he cannot spell the same words that he can read.

Anyways I said tell me the words and I will tell you how to spell them.

His response was that his mind doesn't have a mouth so I can't.

I pointed out that his mind and his mouth are connected and he can speak what is in his mind. He got very frustrated and shouted "OK House, Mouse, Louse. I spelt the words for him but then he just said "their are too many words, and it hurts"

Has anyone had anything similar?

Thnx

Not quite but my son is 12 with an adult reading ability and can't spell words of more than four letters. He struggles to write as well, particularly if he's trying to write and spell at the same time. He complains that spelling and writing give him a headache, and gets a headache from reading too, which he loves. He has abnormal eye movements, that we haven't managed to get successful treatment for yet. Not much help, I'm afraid, but I can understand how he feels.

cb

Hya coolblue, thanks for your reply, I have had some suggestions off another forum which I am going to try.

A whiteboard at the side of his bed to write anything down which is stopping him sleeping and an ipod to listen to.

Going to give these a whirl.

Sounds like dyslexia or some form of processing disorder to me. Either that or he has sensitive hearing

which is why the words hurt.