Sign in to follow this  
bid

Proud Mum Alert!

My eldest DD who is 15 1/2 has been volunteering for the last year or so on Saturday mornings at our local playscheme for children with special needs and their siblings. She spent 3 weeks of the summer holidays working every day at the extended playscheme. It's the same playscheme that her elder brother went to when he was little, with both my girlies going along with him when they were very little.

Anyway, yesterday she was so pleased because she was asked to babysit by a parent who has problems finding anyone for her child (not ASD). So this afternoon she took him to the playground, and now they're playing hide-and-seek at our house.

I'm so proud of her!

Bid :D

A nearly 16 year-old who knows what Saturday mornings are - no wonder you're proud. :P

now they're playing hide-and-seek at our house

Oh dear, has she lost him already... :rolleyes: Try under the bed or behind the curtains, they're always good places to find a lost child. :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, that is great news, and shows how much she has been seen and is valued. :thumbs: