Sign in to follow this  
bethx

newbie!!

Hi

Im Beth and my husband is Dave we have 2 children Jaydon(10) and Cameron(4). Jaydon has just recieved a diagnosis of Atypical Autism yesterday

after years of fighting the system! I am feeling mixed emotions relief and sadness! We now have the dreaded the task of telling Jaydon about his

diagnosis! I would love to chat to other parents in the same position who may have some advice or just a chat!

Hope to speak soon

Beth :)

Hi

Im Beth and my husband is Dave we have 2 children Jaydon(10) and Cameron(4). Jaydon has just recieved a diagnosis of Atypical Autism yesterday

after years of fighting the system! I am feeling mixed emotions relief and sadness! We now have the dreaded the task of telling Jaydon about his

diagnosis! I would love to chat to other parents in the same position who may have some advice or just a chat!

Hope to speak soon

Beth :)

Hi Beth

I have just done the same with my 11 year old. It's not the easiest thing to do, but it helped him in that he has been very unhappy and frustrated and it enabled us to help him understand why. That said, it's not been plain sailing since, so diagnosis is not a magic cure. We used a book called 'I am special' (dreadful title!) that I bought off Amazon which helped me explain it to him. Hope you get on OK.

Hi

Thank you for your reply its nice to know that there are others out there in the same position! I will have a look for the book you mentioned

it may well be helpful! I do think it will be good for Jaydon as he has known for ages that he is different and is very anxious about it so

Im hoping he will find it useful to know the name! I will let you know how it goes!

Beth