lil_me

Just a quick update

Some may remember we were making the huge transitional switch from special school to mainstream in year 11 for my oldest

The very good news is he loves it!!!!

There has been some issues but as soon as one arises they deal with it. They have surpassed my expectations then some.

The whole school so far has made huge adaptations around how they do things and I'm so impressed with how willing they are to listen and act on everything I say.

He's the first child to make this sort of move within our LA and I'm pleased to say so far, I could cry I am so happy!

Anyway, there you go a little fab news

Hi there lovely to see you on the forum :thumbs: , thats fab news , thanks so much for sharing it will give lots of other parents hope :pray: , hope your doing ok too lovely to have you back suzex

Thanks Suze. Got to admit I was very very worried, reduced my studies expecting him to end up being at home but nope, been no need. He has had some 'moments' but probably less than he did in the special school to be honest. He keeps them on their toes that's for sure. A teacher tried to keep the whole class back because of two boys misbehaving , DS1 refused and walked out - don't think they are used to that but he will not ever cope with being punished for someone elses actions so she's had to get used to it

Hi!

Really good to hear some good news - esp about a mainstream school and a 'reverse' transition as it were! really chuffed for him and you.

L&P

BD :thumbs::thumbs:

Definately a reverse transition, he went to special school after a mainstream failed him and nobody thought he would ever cope on mainstream secondary school. Got to the stage where unfortunately the special school was, mainly in his education as they were not keeping him stimulated enough or covering a lot of the work other children his age were doing so he started for the first time in his life, falling behind. We did a lot at home and now the school have set up an additional 1-1 tutoring free once a week to help catch him up too.

It'll never be plain sailing, nothing ever is with him but I couldn't be happier right now

Thanks guys xx

Fantastic news about your son. :thumbs: Wouldn't it be wonderful if all mainstream schools were like this.

Good to see you!

K x

wow thats fantastic, really pleased for you and yr son XX :thumbs::thumbs:

Thats is great news :thumbs: So inspirational >:D<<'> My 7 year old has to attend an ASD unit and my hope is that he to will be re-integrated back into mainstream, it seems so far off but clearly it can happen :D