Sign in to follow this  
snibbug

Hello there

Hello there,

I was looking for information and support as my son goes through the long process of CASBAT assessments. It is suspected he has aspergers syndrome with elements of ADHD. He is 4 years old.

He has a social worker and is on the special educational needs register at school, he has had a few CAF meetings so that all of the professionals are singing off the same hymn sheet.

Today i picked him up from school and was waiting and waiting, everyone's children were coming out but i couldn't see my son anywhere! One of his friends approached me with 2 fairly remarkable gashes on his face which my son had done...He informed me that he was in time out...

His teacher approached me and asked for a 'quiet word' my stomach dropped..she informed me that he has been really difficult all day, he has been answering back at adults, refusing to do as he's asked, carrying on with his own thing regardless, but worst of all that he has been really violent all day..He's lashed out at a lot of children causing them injuries, and he lashed out at some of the adults too. He was in the corridor refusing to come out when i went in, and i had to pick him up and carry him out as the teacher just said 'he's all yours' and left us to it.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do now though, he's got his appointment with the educational psychologist on thursday, he's already seen speech and language...I have called his paediatrician and left a message for her to get in touch asap.

The school are obviously not able to manage this behaviour as well as we had all hoped. :(

Hi

Welcome to the group >:D<<'> I have four boys two with ASD,Sam (7) and Dan(4 1/2) I had the same problems,as you have discribed, with Sam and he had to be statemented so he can go to an ASD unit attached to mainstream. He was able to get all the help he needs.

So I would recommend you start the statementing process,it takes 26 weeks (6mths) so the sooner the better :)

Edited by justine1

There is alot if info under the education tab. He needs to be on school action and then school action plus,which he may be what you meant registered as special needs.You can apply for it yorself or ask the school to do so.