Sign in to follow this  
JukaDeRat

TV shows

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just last week I was diagnosed with AS. I'm 18 and currently studying to be a MH nurseing, although it is so so difficult and stressful, but I don't want to give it up! I have a question about TV shows, and whether this is related to having AS or not. See, I just love those shows aimed at preschool children and nothing else really! I like Max and Ruby, because it sounds stupid but I want to find out what happens in each episode, and Baby Looney Tunes. My favourite show is the Rugrats like it always has been. But naturally nobody else my age watches the shows I like, so I was wondering if the reason I like them is because I don't want to change what I like to watch or because I like to watch them because I know them and they are comfortable? Or do I just like baby things? This is a dumb topic, I know, but I've been wondering about it for a while and it would be great to hear what kinds of TV shows others enjoy?

Does anybody else still enjoy the same shows they liked fifteen years ago?

Thanks!!

I don't but my interests have changed a lot since I was a child. I simply don't find them interesting any more.

I don't think it's any reflection on your mental health, not wanting to grow up or anything like that. You enjoy them and they may also offer you some kind of comfort and routine. I really wouldn't read too much into it.

My favourite programmes are Eastenders, Waterloo Road, House and also wildlife and science documentaries. I can get really into a storyline sometimes.

>:D<<'> >:D<

In our household we watch Dr WHO, ( myself being the big fan and have tardis's even in our kitchen!! That and the numerous teddy bears!!!Oops!). My belief is that if you were denied these as a child ( how many times as children, were you forever being told to grow-up and put things away, or stop watching that!!) So maybe the 'inner-child' wins after all, even when in adulthood. ( my mental health nursing view hehehehehe or MY excuse anyway). :whistle:

:bat: I still love Batman, and comics and curley-wurleys and absolutely love going around Toys R Us ( dragging Dobie with me!!). Still love looking through Argos catalogue and looking at the new toys ( wishing I was young enough to play with them). And still would happy watching endless episodes of kids tv ( i make our dogs sit with me with a bribe of a milky way each).

Never give up on enjoying life even if it means cuddling up to a 'bagpuss' or watching cbbc :rolleyes:

:notworthy: thanks for reading my reply!! POLA xx

I still like both Pokemon and Power Rangers after all these years. I know of many people about my age and older who like both franchises online on message boards but none in real life.

i used to love Little House on the Prarie and the Waltons. I got a boxed set of both and watched them with my girls- it was great (plus daughter fell in love with John Boy, just like I did!)