Sign in to follow this  
chris54

Secondary school transition.

We now got the Final Amended Statement. We have no problem with it as such other than the school ability to deliver it within their budget. With no additional funding. It all now come out of delegated funding. The school have stated that they are able to meet his needs withing the provision detailed on the statement. I'm not so convinced, I believe that the school are underestimating how much support he will need away from the class room.

We got the school we wanted but still dont know which site, Local or 5miles away as it is up to the school and the council have no say in it. Have to get in touch with school to find this one out. If its the more distant site we then the problem of getting transport sorted out.

To complicate maters out local, only school is an academy. Has always been one of these independent "state" school, was a college before that and was set up 100 years ago by subscription, was never a council school, but its now the only school within a reasonable travelling distance. And if you choose any other school you wont get school transport.

Don't get me wrong I do believe it is a very good school and as far as you can tell from they stated aims are very supportive of children with special needs, have much smaller than average class sizes. So from an academic point of view I dont have a problem , its just the rest of the school day that concerns me.