Sign in to follow this  
Rach14

hi there!!

hi everyone!

its nice to find this place!

anyway im married with two boys!

my Dear Hubby is wonderful! he has suffered with Dyspraxia and Sensory issues all his life! He is yet to figure out if he is on the Autistic Spectrum! His father is definetly Asperger's!

my brother is autistic and shuts himself away from the world including me and my sister. Since my sis and i left home years ago we havent seen him! he stays in his bedroom when people are around in cluding family! However he does have a fulltime job! He is a Postman and he seems to manage that fine!

my sister and i have greived for him like he just died! I still feel soo heartbroken!

Then i have my two gorgeous sons! L is 15! he is mild ASD (diagnosed at 7) and i am struggling to look after him right now! I could manage fine when i just had to work with his ASD but with adolescence on top of that this is getting sooo hard! Then i have my younger son S who is 11! he struggles with his older brother too. S is dyspraxic (diagnosed) and Sensory Integration Disorder (Diagnosed) but is not Autistic!

i love my family to bits but i get very tired and upset and sooo overwhelmed with this at times! I am right now which is why i am here! thanku for having me

luv Rach xx

i have both A.S and dyspraxia officially diagnosed dyspraxia diagnosed years before A.S was discovered hidden as something 'always been different' and didn't explain 'everything' or 'add up fully' to complete 'missing' part of jigsaw! dyspraxia was diagnosed in my junior's school childhood after long tiring battle/fight my mum had to prove to SENCO and paedtrician as they both thought my mum being 'overprotective' and bossy overbearing suffocating and controlling

lucky she pushed all way didn't give in and first step! they both convinced it was my mum being 'picky,funny' about it and making things up to get 'attention' in their eyes. my mum clashed alot with my SENCO over dyspraxia!!!

SENCO then sneaky with paedtrician and had private conversation discussing they didn't think i had it! but my mum kept record of everything i found hard,difficult ,struggled to do task wise that my peers could do easy!

me and my family knew had to be something else apart from Dyspraxia there though lurking in background and by accident uncovered what it was right away from what we and my mum described at the assessment through clnical pyschologist asking us questions!

irony is my mum used to work at special needs school locally as dinnerlady with autistic kids now she living with one all time!!! lol

my twin brother is deaf blind so also my parents find it hard to cover different angles aspects of both our 'differences' our needs explaining different situations the list goes on .... we both still live at home we both 21 years old and both starting only now learn daily living skills cooking skills etc independence skills etc

XKLX