Sign in to follow this  
cmuir

Felt really hard done by yesterday

Hi

Felt really hard done by yesterday. I was fortunate to have a rare day off from work (I work full-time). Whilst kiddo was at school (R is 9 and has AS), I thought I do what I like to do best – go shopping. Off I went, parked the car, had a nosey around the shops ... as I approached my car, spotted a traffic warden who'd just slapped a ticket on the windscreen. Something I wasn't expecting at all since I did in fact pay for a ticket and present it on the dashboard. However, turns out, as I closed the door when starting my adventure, the ticket must have blown wrong side up. Of course, I spoke to traffic warden, pointed out what must have happened (the fact that I did in fact display a ticket, and was completely unaware that the door/wind had blown it over), but he said he couldn't do anything.

Joy! Think next time I'll stay at home parked on the sofa. Not even sure, I can appeal.

Caroline.

Rubbish thing to happen. Same happened to us once and we did appeal and they waived the fine but said they would keep it in file and wouldn't let us off again so do look into your options

Oh No Hun, some of these for you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Definately appeal, you have proff of purchase, it was a mishap with the wind, exct you should be fine, do it as soon as you can, I once displayed Js Blue badge the wrong way round and I got a ticket, I appealed and it was wavered too.

So sorry you had a bad day, hope tomorrow brings a better day.

JsMumx

That doesn't make sense considering you would have been able to show them the ticket wrong way up.

I had to pay a parking fine for 'causing an obstruction' since going to court could incur fees decided

to pay up even though I didn't feel I was causing an obstruction (and neither did my passenger).