Ste

What is the database???

Hi All

After 3-months of waiting we finally saw the consultant yesterday regarding DS, after 2-hours of questions and watching DS she confirmed that she also believes that he has Aspergers (2nd person from CAMHS to state this) but cannot give an official diagnosis until they have put all the information gathered from the various assessments and information from us & school into the database???

Just wondered if anyone can tell what this is, how it woks etc as i'm very confused on how you can get a diagnosis from this???

I'm hoping the end of the assessment stage is in sight now as so far it's been 7-months of assessments, trips to CAMHS, school assessments etc.

i completely understand that all of these need to conducted in order to gain an understanding in DS behaviour and responses to situations/people but i'd really like to get some answers so that we can move forward to get DS the support he needs.

Thanks for reading and look forward to any information you can offer.

Ste

Different areas use different pathways for diagnosis. Ring up and ask them about how they use their database.

cb

I would imagine they simply want to collect all the assessments from the different professionals to check whether there is anything to rule out Asperger's before confirming the diagnosis.