Sign in to follow this  
indiscreet

Actor talks about being diagnosed with AS .....

... at the age of 36.

There was an interview in yesterday's Sunday Telegraph with actor Paddy Considine where he talked very openly about his life both before diagnosis and after.

I imagine it's still accessible on the newspaper's web page.

Thanks for that. I never saw it when it came out. He's an amazing actor and it's really brilliant of him to just come out and say he has it. I imagine most actors would never even mention something like this. As someone who would love to work in the film industry, it's a great boost to hear about Mr. Considine being able to be so successful despite his difficulties.

Thanks for posting this, indiscreet.

Found the link - it may be wise to copy and save the article if you want to keep it as I'm not sure how long it'll be available for.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8440399/Paddy-Considine-Knowing-I-have-Aspergers-is-a-relief.html

A really uplifting story of someone who has managed to overcome difficulties to have a successful career and family life. Good to see an article which shows that contrary to the stereotypical expectations, people with AS can succeed at the creative arts too.

I'm ashamed to say that I'm not really sure who the actor is or whether I've seen anything that he's been in. :oops:

K x

The biggest film he's done is probably The Bourne Ultimatum. He's the reporter who Bourne has to get out of Waterloo station. He was one of the snarky cops in Hot Fuzz too. He's one of those guys who does mostly big roles in smaller films. Stuff like Dead Man's Shoes and In America had magazines throwing around the old "He's the new Robert De Niro!" phrase. Even though film magazines seem to pick someone every couple of months to be the new De Niro, he is actually ace.

Holy Cr#p!!

He is one of my favourite actors!! He's featured right now in C4's 'films that stand the test of time' adverts - wow that is so cool!!

Currently carrying this article around in by handbag as I found it comforting and informative and having a creative DD it is good to read about his success and his perspective on Aspergers