Sign in to follow this  
pim

another timescale question

I'm now at the second stage of the statementing process. I'm aware they have 6 weeks to gather further reports. If they decide to give a statement, do they issue the proposed statement after 6 weeks or is it after 10 weeks?

It's difficult as it is right in the summer holidays and apart from school being closed where away for most of the holiday visiting family.

pim

Hi pim :)

Our second stage fell in the summer hols, and when this happens LEAs are allowed to extend their timescale to take this into account.

Incidentally, I used this second stage to check up on all the professionals who were asked to submit reports so that they got them in on time. I also asked 'friendly' professionals to recommend in their reports the support we knew my son needed (in our case a residential special school)...they really came up trumps for us in this.

I also wrote one last piece of parental input, where I pulled together everything else we had submitted to state very clearly what we wanted. And I used again that magic phrase 'severe and complex needs'!! :bat: This is your last chance to say what you want to say.

Good luck...you're doing a grand job!

Bid :bat:

Edited by bid