Sign in to follow this  
Charlie C

Can social services withhold my money?

I've just moved into supported housing after leaving hospital but social services/ occupational therapist won't let me have access to my money because they say I'm vulnerable to exploitation and I'm not aloud to drink on these tablets they gave me. Are they allowed to shop me having money? I'm still on section 3 from the hospital so if I refuse to take my medication they can take me back to hospital

Hi Charlie,

Do you mean that you have absolutely no money, or that you don't have free access to your money and have a daily or weekly allowance given to you?

Bid :)

After my weekly foot shopping they give me £5 a day to spend which you can't do anything with. I used to having a weeks monies in my pocket and having a good time spending it. Now I feel like I can't do anything.

After my weekly foot shopping they give me £5 a day to spend which you can't do anything with. I used to having a weeks monies in my pocket and having a good time spending it. Now I feel like I can't do anything.

Have they explained why they have decided to do this?

Bid :)