Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

my NAS pyschologist

had another session today it's from 12.30-1.30pm she saying about having us time me and my mum girlie night but our relationship isn't like that and never has been trying to explain as my mum puts her barriers up and says either too busy too much to do or that she has a bad back which is true just feel she blocks me pyschologist said i should try and make an effort with our relationship but i havn't mentioned difficulties between me and my mum so baffled why she suggest such ideas as me and my mum are contented happy way things are! so bit confused really!? she said me and my sister should get together and arrange like pamper session painting finger nails and toe nails face masks we never done this and don't feel i should change this? is something ain't broken why try and fix it? causing real stress upset

then she on about asking my mum once a month for money for going out for social lunch every saturday from girlies from work my mum says do you need any help with money every sat anyways but don't know if this her money or my DLA money but i like to use my part time wages from work as feel like 'normal' 21 year old not relying on my parents for subs as feel my responsibility to fund my leisure time but pyschologist reckons i should approach my mum instead of my mum saying to me about it?! feel bad guilty as can't work full time only part time so DLA helps towards food clothing etc basic needs and feels like helps my parents finanicially as my dad only works part time and don't get much government help towards costs my dad gets working tax credits but know it isn't much and had to do extra hour to claim this! my mum can't work due to bad spine prob waiting for serious surgery operation from the hospital! and i know they struggle to make ends meet my mum offered me my DLA money if i need it! but i don't only sometimes i expect her offer to have money that one bit of my pride dignity that i won't let AS rob steal me of! it's not like my mum keeping money from the opposite in fact always offering me money i want to manage money on my own as when move out i'll have to and more!

pyschology sessions making me resentful bitter twisted don't know where i go next really to be honest? feel like she trying work out issues that aren't there invisible and don't exist! feel so annoyed frustrated in which direction these sessions are going! feel like going round in circles talking about 'nothing' just rambles .... pyschologists have lost hope from past and now too! give up fed up! gr! had enough jumping to ideas/suggestions and when try to put my POV across i could feel stress rising and anger but kept it inside! i ready to blow seriously! reaching end of the road! i ain't got nothing felt to give so drained tired of trying MH understanding! doing my head in!

losing patience energy ... my pyschologist off for 2 weeks now as she getting married which is nice relax chill for me lovely!

XKLX

It could still work, but you need to be honest and you've got to know what you want from the sessions. You have to take responsibility for your part of the process. You need to say the things you've posted here to her. If you feel stressed and angry,and negative about the sessions, tell her. If you're struggling to get your view across, tell her. Then maybe she can help you find a way to do this. Only then can you both work on finding a solution to your problems.

K x

I agree with Kathryn. If you find it hard during the sessions, why not print off what you have written here for the pyschologist to read? Or write down what you want to get out of a session prior to it. I saw a counsellor in the past and often made notes of what I wanted to bring up with her.

Lynne

I'm sorry the sessions are causing your more stress :(

I agree with the others, you need to talk to the psychologist about what you want to achieve with her. They can't help you if they don't know what your issues actually are. There is nothing wrong in saying politely that there are other issues you feel are more important.

The money situation could be a better issue to work on, as managing your own money would make you feel more independent and confident. Perhaps this is something you could suggest you focus on next.

have got a appointment slot with one of NAS senior managers there tomorrow get stuff off my chest as need clear the air wearing me down holding it in making me ill dizzy like living on treadmill all time can't carry on like this i need get it out in the open! i know going to be emotions tears anger but need to do something .... been bottling holding on for this for too long .... all come tumbling out i hope! so tired drained i had enough! i hope she understands me better than my pyschologist! i trust who going to see tomorrow more so probably can go deeper which be better for me! get more out it hope have heart to heart be honest ....!!! hope goes to plan now as need it too! otherwise i'll reach breaking point snapping without someone there help advise me about things bothering me!

XKLX

Perhaps the psychologist is trying to encourage you to look outside yourself by suggesting positive things you could do with your mum and sister?

Bid :)