Sign in to follow this  
Eastern Moon

Hiya

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. I think I may have Aspergers. About two years ago, I was reading about Aspergers purely to educate myself about the condition, and I realised that what I read, might as well have been written about me. I took an aspie quiz and scored 177 out of 200. Later I discarded the probability, as I thought I don't fit the description one hundred percent. But once again I'm thinking there's a chance I may have it. I hope being here will bring some clarity to my thoughts, and help me decide whether I should seek professional help or forget about it for good.

Eastern Moon

Edited by Eastern Moon

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I had a similar experience when I first heard about Asperger's, thinking that it sounded a lot like me, and then thinking it couldn't be because some parts did not apply to me, and then once again thinking it did make sense after all.

. . . I now have a formal diagnosis.

No one has 100% of the traits. If a lot of it makes sense, then it's well worth you looking further into it and just discarding the irrelevant parts.

Thank you Tally,

You're post has given me hope. Please can you tell me the steps you took to get a diagnosis? I suffered from pain & exhaustion, and a few GPs for about 18 years before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I can't bear to think it'll take as long for me to get help with this. I don't even think having Aspergers is some great misfortune. After all don't aspies' hate gossip? That is a good thing in my eyes.I just wish I knew for sure.

Edited by Eastern Moon