disabled persons buss pass

have Aspergers and I was diagnosed when I was 20

I am 23 now

I applied for a Disabled persons bus pass

Social services turned me down

They said I couldn't have the bus pass because:

1) your disability didn't start until adulthood

2) you don't get any special services or have a special education provision

I want to appeal but am unsure how. I can prove I get DLA and DSA so that will cover reason 2 for them not giving me one but how do I prove to them that Aspergers is something your born with and I got a late diognosis

Your Aspergers Wasnt diagnosed until Adulthood but you have had it all your life, Autism is a lifelong disability and is from birth.

JsMumx

What level of dla do you get? You need at least lower rate mobility and middle rate care to immediately qualify for the national entitlement card. If you only get the lower rate mobilty(like me) you may have to register as having a learning disability/mental illness and get the form signed off by the person who gave you your diagnosis.

Your local social work department are legally obligated to give you these forms if you ask for them.

If they need proof you are registered disabled - give them a copy of your award letter. If you don't have a copy - contact the department of work and pensions, and they will be able to send you out a copy.

Once all this is signed off - you will get your card in 4-6 weeks at the latest :)

Hope this is helpful!

jxxx