Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

Looked after child and Immunisation

my son is due a Health Assessment due to been a looked after child and as Social services have shared gaurdianship, I am asking if anyone knows if social services and the health service can force my son to recieve immunisation, he is 14yrs old, I researched immunisations and decided not to immunise and want that choice respected but worried incase it wont be now because social services share the gaurdianship.

Does anyone know if Immunisation is mandortory for children in care?

JsMumxxx

my son is due a Health Assessment due to been a looked after child and as Social services have shared gaurdianship, I am asking if anyone knows if social services and the health service can force my son to recieve immunisation, he is 14yrs old, I researched immunisations and decided not to immunise and want that choice respected but worried incase it wont be now because social services share the gaurdianship.

Does anyone know if Immunisation is mandortory for children in care?

JsMumxxx

In practice the social services can do what they want and remain secret and unaccountable.I'm 48 now and they put me in care at 14 because of ASD(undiagnosed then)they gave me no medical assesment or treatment,no TB vacination and their neglect was such that they kept me in a juevenille remand centre for criminals.By the time I was 18 i was reduced to 9 teeth.

On the issue of vacination ,when my first kid was born the mrs was worried about the mmr vaccine and we hesitated until the crystal loving hippy family next door who's kids unvacinated contracted whoopimg cough.That changed our minds on mmr,but a TB vacination is a must as the large rise in drug resistant TB is a real threat,made worse by Aids and immigration.