Fear/reluctance to take a make a decision

Hi folks.

I was wondering if there is a name for/phobia or otherwise descriptive method for a person who, regardless of how damaging their taking no action is, will never make a decision.

Contrary to what several of my friends have expressed I don't believe one of my old lady friends used me as an outlet for her not-so-savoury ex problems. Ironically the problem is that I can't make decisions on account of not being able to identify real and calculated emotions - she can't because either she's a monster (I don't believe this yet) or maybe there is more to it. Anyway I thought this would be the best place to start.

I have tried talking to her about it but that is fraught with the same issue. I physically require the information, it is eating right through me and has already been a main factor in the collapse of my career.

Cheers,

Edited by 31770

Hi folks.

I was wondering if there is a name for/phobia or otherwise descriptive method for a person who, regardless of how damaging their taking no action is, will never make a decision.

Decidophobia apparently ;) but sometimes the word 'procrastination' is used too...

( Google it :D )

Edited by darkshine

Decidophobia apparently ;) but sometimes the word 'procrastination' is used too...

( Google it :D )

Brilliant thanks; this has been goin' on for many a month over many subjects; so procastination is not likely - seemingly I don't deserve any information ever. That said she was very accommodating when listening to me trying to describe something that can't be described, so it swings in roundabouts.

Edited by 31770

Brilliant thanks; this has been goin' on for many a month over many subjects; so procastination is not likely - seemingly I don't deserve any information ever. That said she was very accommodating when listening to me trying to describe something that can't be described, so it swings in roundabouts.

Your welcome :)