Editor68

HI THERE!!!!

Hi,

I am a mum of 3 with a son of 15yrs that has just been diagnosed with Aspergers.Unfortunatley this came to light after a spell in hospital as we beleived he was depressed and had a possible psychosis.

Just getting my head around this and establishing a routine he is settled with at home.

now everything has fallen into place and is so obvious.

Beleive it or not I was a nurse for 12 years for people with learning difficulties and supported a boy with aspergers and adhd in school. I just didnt see it in my own son, to me he is who he is.....

So if you are feeling bad about not spotting this DONT !!!!!

My son hasnt changed, he still is the same but now I know how to relate to him better.I am the one that now has the understanding to change and make his life easier,happier and less confusing.

He is a little shell shocked too as he thought everyone experienced the same things he did and thought the same.We have talked and talked, become closer and closer and I am very proud of my brilliant son who was brave enough to ask for help when things got too much.

xxxxxx