Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Tut! kids, eh....

Dunno what's wrong with them these days... beautiful day etc etc, but after his golf lesson in the morning all ben wanted to do was go home and play on his X-Box (several other suggestions were offered)... Logging on, his two closest mates were also online - as they seem to be every weekend all weekend unless it happens to be the weekend they come to us for Sunday dinner (I alternate 'em, but basically every other weekend we're entertaining someone and other parents reciprocate, if we're lucky, about twice a year :angry: ) - and there they stayed killing zombies all afternoon... ben's timer ran out, but i suspect the other two are still zombying or haloing as i type...

Anyhoo... i am feeling very sanctimonious and self-satisfied having spent all afternoon mowing lawns, trimming bushes (fnar fnar) and have completely reclaimed my garden from the jungle that was taking over it. I have sunburnt arms, sweaty pits and am just about ready to eat a 'orse for my dinner if one happens past and after a nice slow soak tonight will sleep like a baybeeee... I've also got dinner in't th'oven - baby rolled belly joints (that's individual rolled pork bellies, not the bellies of babies for all you literal types out there) and roasted med veg's - ready for decanting into mine and the boy's gut's in about fifteen minutes and the winebox on standby. :eat::wine:. So wot you lot been up to then?

Coming back to the point in question though, at what age should teenage boys start wandering dahn the tahn and making a nuisance of themselves around McD's? Ben's thirteen, and the other two lazy little scrots are fourteen(?)...

Oh. ben has also blown his xbox for a day next weekend because i asked him to come and help in the garden when the timer ran out and he went and 'accidentally' took his shower early because he 'forgot' i'd asked...

So for the sake of avoiding ten minutes raking up the privit I'd been lopping down he's now got a whole Saturday or Sunday (his choice) with no x-box o negotiate! WOT A PLUM! :lol:

L&P

BD

Edited by baddad

Hi Baddad,

My son is almost 12 and I am really worrying about the holidays - which start at the end of tomorrow for him - they stop earlier here in France. The only things Will is interested in are the computer, the Wii or his DS. I have to work Tuesday and Thursday, and I hate to leave him on his own all day sat on the computer. Getting him to help in the garden is also very difficult.

He did go into town with a mate when he had a little phase of loving Yu Gi Oh, and he was going to a shop where they do exchanges, just for an hour, then I'd pick him up again, but he has no interest again now. I'm sure I used to go down town on my own at that age.

Anyway, don't think that helps at all really. If anyone else has any good ideas, I am open to try them too.

Di

:lol: cybergoth and darkwave :wacko: I imagine asking for 'snakebite' in there is a double edged sword...

I expect he's got his own 'skinny puppy' tankard behind the bar and the fag machines loaded with garlic cigarettes :rolleyes:

But don't tell him i said so... :whistle:

Sat and looked at the weeds in the garden and formed a plan to tackle them - sometime. :D

You got Ben to go to a golf lesson - that's an achievement. Very difficult to get my son to go anywhere at weekends.

At newly turned 14, he spends his life on x box live, on the computer or watching episodes of the Simpsons or Friends on tv. :rolleyes: He occasionally meets with his friends face to face and sometimes they go to the park or to the corner shop for an Irn-Bru. :sick: I suppose I should be grateful they're not drinking anything worse! :hypno: They don't often go into town though.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

:lol: cybergoth and darkwave :wacko: I imagine asking for 'snakebite' in there is a double edged sword...

I expect he's got his own 'skinny puppy' tankard behind the bar and the fag machines loaded with garlic cigarettes :rolleyes:

But don't tell him i said so... :whistle:

Shhh...it's a Skinny Puppy tat!! ;)

Bid :D

Edited by bid

Shhh...it's a Skinny Puppy tat!! ;)

Bid :D

Doh! You were supposed to say 'Garlic Cigarettes? Shouldn't that be "clove cigarettes"?' and I was going to say 'no, garlic cigarettes - like clove cigarettes but with garlic cloves instead... they taste foul but keep the cyber-goths at a safe distance'...

oh well...

here's another one you might not like...

:lol:

Kathryn - thank your lucky stars it's not 'family guy'...

Edited by baddad

Doh! You were supposed to say 'Garlic Cigarettes? Shouldn't that be "clove cigarettes"?' and I was going to say 'no, garlic cigarettes - like clove cigarettes but with garlic cloves instead... they taste foul but keep the cyber-goths at a safe distance'...

oh well...

Fail me :lol:

Bid :wacko:

OMG!!

Talking of kids...

I have just severally :crying: my way through DD#1's speech she's got to give on her Leaver's Day on Wednesday, and then the Leaver's DVD from DH's special school. This was made by one of his year 11's, with HFA, and it is absolutely awesome...

Next I'm gonna :crying::crying: through Big A's old Leaver's DVD from his residesi ('Oooh look it's A!!' :clap: ).

I really, really shouldn't drink on an empty stomach and 4 hour's sleep...

Bid :wine:

OMG!!

Talking of kids...

I have just severally :crying: my way through DD#1's speech she's got to give on her Leaver's Day on Wednesday, and then the Leaver's DVD from DH's special school. This was made by one of his year 11's, with HFA, and it is absolutely awesome...

Next I'm gonna :crying::crying: through Big A's old Leaver's DVD from his residesi ('Oooh look it's A!!' :clap: ).

I really, really shouldn't drink on an empty stomach and 4 hour's sleep...

Bid :wine:

And on a Monday night too :shame:

Don't worry - you can blame it on the heat, I mean you've got to drink SOMETHING in this kind of weather!

Have one (or several) for me. :wine:

And on a Monday night too :shame:

Don't worry - you can blame it on the heat, I mean you've got to drink SOMETHING in this kind of weather!

Have one (or several) for me. :wine:

Oh lordy, is it only Monday?? :lol: Just finished 4 nights on, so it's anyone's guess :wacko:

Big week this week: tomorrow Meg has her cast off and starts OT for her new hand, plus it's B's PROM!!! :band: Then Leaver's Day for B on Wednesday :crying: and Thursday she's coming into my work to spend the day with the SALT. And my mum finds out the date for her surgery :unsure:

More wine needed!!

Bid :partytime:

Edited by bid

Oh lordy, is it only Monday?? :lol: Just finished 4 nights on, so it's anyone's guess :wacko:

Big week this week: tomorrow Meg has her cast off and starts OT for her new hand, plus it's B's PROM!!! :band: Then Leaver's Day for B on Wednesday :crying: and Thursday she's coming into my work to spend the day with the SALT. And my mum finds out the date for her surgery :unsure:

More wine needed!!

Bid :partytime:

Hope both girls have really good days tomorrow with lots of :pray: for M and lots of :dance: for B. and very very best for all for the rest of the week and thereafter. Hope your headache in the morning isn't too distracting too :lol: