Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

knock knees and dyspraxia

i had knock knees in childhood and never grown out of it as it says on the net can happen with this medical prob. i have researched in wikipedia and says that common in dyspraxics which i have it becomes a issue when hot and sweaty and makes my legs rub together and uncomfortable ,sore it has got better since i have lost weight through exercise has anyone else have this? or know someone with this? an adult?

XKLX

my daughter who is almost 14 has a lot of difficulties with her legs, she has developmental co-ordination delay, i think its the same as Dyspraxia. her legs are turned inwards and her legs rub together at the top. She does have to take a lot of pain killers and it is worse at the moment with it being so hot. Un fortunatly she finds all sports hard and painful, her insoles have helped the pain in her feet but there seems to be very little anyone can do for the pain in her hips. She had a xray to make sure there was no slip in the growth plates and was told she would just have to get use to the pain. The poor girl often has blisters and very sore thighs from the rubbing but this is not a weight problem as she is only 7.5 stone its just the way she is made. If anyon else knows anything it would be very interesting to see if i can help my daughter even in a small way.