Sign in to follow this  
sharonv

ABOVE THE LAW?

Last night My family and I were on the way back from the Trafalgar celebrations in Portsmouth when we were nearly run over by a car, the police were involved but let the car go when the driver flashed a royal protection card in the policemans face, My daughter is 6 years old and this driver literally pushed me and her out of his way with his car. He was on the pavement and continued driving forward even though we were in contact with his bumper and my daughter was screaming hysterically. My son and my friend chased the car but it still refused to stop. The policeman said he couldn't stop the car because the driver was part of the royal protection unit. There were several witnesses to this and the police have taken some statements.

Myself and my six year old daughter and my three other children were just left by this driver on the side of the road in a state of shock. My daughter is autistic and it is very difficult to get out with her without her being scared and this has severely affected her. She spent the next hour sitting in my youngest daughters pushchair rocking back and forward crying. I have to take her to the police station today to make a statement.

I am extremely angry that just because these people were working for Princess Anne that they have the right to abuse others like they did to us last night. If that had been any other normal driver driving on the pavement and making contact with a pedestrian they would have had the book thrown at them, it seems so unfair and I am absolutely livid. If someone hadn't pulled my daughter out of the way she and I could have ended up under the car, (would they have stopped then?) To me this is tantamount to a hit and run although luckily we weren't physically injured. He mounted the pavement and showed no regard for anyones safety all in the name of the Queen!

I hear Elizibeth herself hates some of the stupid things done supposedly for her sake. She would certainly deal with the complaint personally, if her mail wasn't filtered by the same people.

I don't know wether I am a monarchist or not, but I do personally like this Queen.

Was this driver on duty? Was his actions for the sake of royal duty, or was he just wanting to get home in time for Trisha? The card itself doesn't give him a license to be a pig, he would have needed to explain something(surely?).

Will the police do ANYTHING?

Oh Sharonv...how awful....I hope you and your daughter are better today.

Cant you complain on a higher place?? I mean by the Employer, and explain your daughter is autistic and how that left her, in what stage??? I mean we are only citizen but dont we have rights too, especially will ill kids???

Big hugs

Hello Sharon

That is a shocking story, I hope you and your little girl are feeling a little better. I would contact the press. they would have a field day.

Well the police were ok, I don't now exactly what they are going to do.

I have contacted the papers but I am beginning to wish I hadn't now, the phone hasn't stopped ringing, I have had the local newspaper out already taking photos and The Mirror have just rang me too.

My daughter seems fine now.

The photographer had trouble trying to get her NOT to smile!!!

I feel awful though, every time I talk about it I feel sick.

I really want something done about this but it all seems to be getting out of hand.

I really should think before I act sometimes.....

Your daughter is only OK because she doesn't fully understand the implications of what might have happened.

Police of all sorts (Royal or not) have warrant cards because there are times when the may need to break spped limits etc. for urgent reasons.

Dangerous driving when there is no urgent reason for it is a criminal offence in the same way as it would be if you or I did it, and these people need to be held to account.

You have nothing to feel guilty about.

Simon

Agree with Simon I,m shocked and would feel just like you do if it were me! Hope your little girl is better today >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

Please dont feel guilty. A simple complaint would probably have been swept under the carpet. At least now someone will be held accountable. Its scarey to think of these people charging around with such a gung ho attitude.

Well done, I expect youll be on GMTV some time next week.....

Loraine x

I felt really angry after reading your post! I :angry: think you did well to make a stand: by doing so you may stop somebody else being injured or worse by such reckless behaviour.

I would write to Buckingkam Palace too.

Don't feel nervous about making a stand...just hang on to the thought of what may have happened if the person who pulled her out of way, had'nt have acted so quickly!

GO GIRL!!!!!

Regards, tizz.

p.s glad to hear your little girl is feeling better after her awful ordeal

Hello, I just wanted to thank you all for all your kind words of support and to update you.

We are in our local paper today, The Portsmouth Evening News.

Headline: ROYAL SECURITY CAR HIT MUM AND CHILD.

I haven't heard anything from the police (that's no surprise) but The Mirror newspaper have also been out to take photographs so hopefully with all the media coverage they wont just brush it under the carpet!

I am feeling a lot better now but I still get really angry whenever I think about it.

Alannah seems fine, oblivious to all the fuss that is going on, it's like she has forgotten about it but I doubt that.

Once again thank you all for you lovely comments.

Sharon.