Sign in to follow this  
workingmum

ANNUAL REVIEW, TRANSITION PLANS & CAT TEST JUST B4 TRIBUNAL

Has any been in this situation.

1. LEA prefered school have been bombarding us with letters to bring DC to their school for a transition plan and CAT tests. We have our tribunal at the end of the month . I dont see the point when we are in dispute of Part 2,3 and 4 of Dc current statement- 1 year old.

2. SENCO and LEA wants to have annual review meetings also after tribunal as well - whats the point same as in point one above - i guess they are just following the law but does it make any sense - the tribunal might make chnages to DC statement - so what happens to the review notes/recoomendation once carried out - will be outdated..

Not sure what these are and what bearing this might have on the tribunal - i dont want to be seen as being unco-operative , but not sure - shoudl i just ignore both. It does seem to me that LEA are up to no good - looks like they are fighting for their school so want us to go there or is there something i am am missing here, its less than 2 weeks to tribunal. this school has been asked on numerous occasion on how they will meet DC needs and no response from them over 6 months now. Now suddenly they are asking for Dc to attend - no communication before now. :shame:

Edited by workingmum

Is he not currently in school?

I presume you have had EP and cognitive assessments? When were they carried out? Most standardised assessments have a set or recommended time period before they can be carried out again, otherwise there can be a learning factor. Their results could undermine yours, or might confirm them, but it would make their reports the most up to date.

If he is not currently in school, ie. refusing, then you can say he is refusing to come into school.

Regarding the Annual Review. My understanding, but you need to check it, is that once the Appeal has taken place the Statement will be amended and dated and the Annual Review will take place within a year of that date. You can ask the LA why they have an AR date immediately after an Appeal date. It maybe that they just need to set a date for legal purposes as many times the LA or parents pull out of appeals and so they need to have a review date set.

Hi, the Annual Review takes place every 12 months. If your statement is amended, the date of the next Annual Review is still due approx 12 months after the last Annual Review.

It is only if you have a reassessment and therefore a totally new statement, that the next Annual Review will be 12 months after the new statement.

Annual Reviews can fall at the most messy times, including just before or just after a tribunal. My experience has been that the Tribunal are only interested in that the Annual Review has taken place when it should have, but they actually have no powers to order one. However, they won't be too impressed if there should have been one and the LA have not done it.

if sats scores exceeds teachers assessment - teacher - level 3/4, sats scores level 4/5, interesting that the level 5 are in english - major difficulties and had 1 to 1 support - scribe, reader, separate class etc. tribunal - does this not show support needed

hi sally44 , not in sch yet - sept yr 7 start - lea preffered school wants us tto come in for transition plan and CATs test ? do we acknowledge despite this will fall at the same time as tribunal - any point in doing this - dont want to be unco-operative - talk about timings

if sats scores exceeds teachers assessment - teacher - level 3/4, sats scores level 4/5, interesting that the level 5 are in english - major difficulties and had 1 to 1 support - scribe, reader, separate class etc. tribunal - does this not show support needed

If he had a reader/writer and a separate room, that would have needed organising by the school beforehand, and as you say, submit that as evidence that the school already acknowledge he needs this level of support and that having received it he achieved a level 5. I also presume he has dyslexia or other SPld to have received that support.