Mumble

Muddy!!

I went to my first music festival today. It was awesome!! :D Really wasn't sure I would enjoy it, but chose one carefully with lots of other stuff going on so I could pace myself and have some quieter time.

Less quiet was when I decided standing right at the front for the main stage was a good idea... :rolleyes: Anyone else hear a buzzing? :unsure::lol:

Weather wasn't great, lots of really heavy downpours and 'cause the site had been used for another festival yesterday, it quickly turned to a mudbath. Does anyone have any tips for getting mud soaked/caked jeans and shoes clean? :unsure: Cause I'm in halls I don't have a sink I can soak them in and only really poor uni washing machines which don't get everyday dirt out. :oops:

My advice would be soaking - this may require a bucket since you don't have a sink ;) but look on the bright side - you can always re-use it if you get so drunk or ill that you need to :sick:

If you soaked it now it would only become more ingrained anyway. Wait until it dries and knock it off, then use a clothes brush or dry nailbrush to get off as much as you can. Then wash with plenty of biological detergent. Add a canvas shoe or tennis ball as this will knock them about and help agitate the dirt out.

If your shoes are very wet, stuffing them with newspaper for a few hours can help suck some of the water out. Once they are dry, knock off as much as you can. If they're still dirty you could hand wash them and scrub with a nailbrush. As a last resort it can be worth running them through the washing machine.