Mumble

Short-sighted koalas?

Okay, I've watched it several times and I don't get it and it's annoying me. :rolleyes:

Can someone please explain the recent ad for a popular high street opticians where a koala drops out of a tree, steals a woman's newspaper and sits down to read it. Why? How does that advertise contacts? :unsure::huh:

Besides, koalas would never fight someone for a newspaper - they'd decide it's far too much like hard work and have a snooze until the human had finished with the paper. :lol:

I haven't seen it but from what you've described it doesn't make any sense to me either.

The best I ever saw was on the front of a free paper - it was a photo of a truck that had crashed through a "popular high-street optician" with the headline - "should have gone to...." (and since that was the store it seemed really funny - I would have hated to be that truck driver though - I bet that took some living down!!!)

Must be me but I love that ad at the moment :blink:

Can you explain it then please, 'cause I don't get it at all. I can't see how it advertises contact lenses - is it the woman or the koala that's supposed to need them? :unsure:

Ok, I've found it online and watched it - I believe that they are supposedly short-sighted and lacking ears to pin glasses on means they'd have to have contacts - maybe they should have used an over-sized bat instead :rolleyes:

Although this doesn't explain how it read the paper in the first place....

Edited by darkshine