smiley1590

ladies time- time of the month

i have HEAVY periods not being too descriptive but to prove how bad this is i have to wear night time towels all time and this doesn't cover /protect me alot of time my knickers get spoilt ruined messed up i have to wear 2/3 towels overlapping eachother all time and keep constantly checking quite often so annoying frustrating not only that but during period i get tired (lack of energy),weak,feel need to eat all time ( choc,crisps) ,feel faint/dizzy/light-headed,tearful/depressed ( but don't know if more than usual) hard to know on that one i say yes but still as living with AS makes feel teary/depressed alot anyway! i have backache,headache i feel sick (nausea) , have severe cramping /bleeding/bloating ( weight gain) ,i ache all over restless in bed hot and cold etc the list endless get irratable with myself mainly when 'time of month'

i looked up on google and said could be iron deficienty anaemia or signs are close with PMT/PMS so should i go docs get checked out further? as driving me mad? feel so worn out run down like i sleep all time .... HELP ME PLEASE!!!? i feel on edge all time incase extreme bleeding runs through clothing due light colouring of it like blue jeans , or that run out of towels or that don't have enough on me i worry /anxious all time about this! i fit signs for both probs should i wrote a list should show the doc?

xKLX

should i go docs get checked out further?

This is not normal.

Yes, you should definitely go to the doctor.

Write down all your symptoms so you remember to tell the doctor everything. They can help you best if they know everything.

You've asked this before and eeveryone suggested you go to the GP. Did you? If you don't take such advice there's not much anyone can do.

Hi,

I don't bleed as heavy as you seem to, but because I was gettign anaemic, my doc gave me meds (not the pill) that reduce the bleeding. It is also possible you need to take iron, which would reduce your tiredness. Help is available, if you ask your doctor.

i try book docs appointment for weds after i have weight nurse explain how being 'on' makes me feel yukky horrid etc will they take bloods see if i am anaemic? could i be anaemic all time or just when i'm on?

thanks for all your advice /help!

mumble- sorry if repeated myself i forgot i put this on here a while ago!

XKLX

H

I know this is something that you've posted on before and my advice remains the same (I'm in the same boat) - you really do need to seek medical advice. Heavy blood loss can leave you feeling extremely lethargic not to mention cramps, etc. If you go to your doctor s/he can check and see whether you're anaemic and will likely take a blood sample (if you are anaemic, it's not just when it's your time of the month, it's all the time until resolved), and if necessary prescribe iron tablets. In addition, it may be they'll recommend medication designed to lighten and maybe even further down the line, suggest surgery. However, if it is a big problem that is affecting your life, you really should go to your GP.

C.

does anyone BINGE eat when 'on' as time of month takes over my will power on this ive read it give you more energy sugar levels etc but seems to over eat way more as been doing so well normally just time of the month i struggle to hold back on food and scared i'll put on the weight again? is it just me or does anyone else find this difficult? could this be all connected with anaemia and heavy blood loss etc?

XKLX

i been docs today i had to book an appointment to have bloods taken from the nurse next thursday at 1.45pm then after i had them taken week after go back and see doctor to discuss results of bloods and see what action needs to be taken next... he said the pill maybe a idea and an anti depressant together as feel depressed and cry all time when on he reckons last time i had bloods 3 years ago my hormone levels were normal

XKLX

Can't believe that today I had to visit four shops just to buy a packet of super-plus tampons. Is my flow that weird?!