Sign in to follow this  
dekra

First assessment today

Had Finn's first assessment with the paediatrican and SALT(same one he's seen a few times at nursery) today.

Then the Dr talked to myself and hubby for a longtime and the SALT did things with Finn then Dr did more tasks with him. We were in for over an hour and a half.

Dr says at the moment he's putting down GDD and Communication Disorder and they will have further assessments.

He is due to start school next Aug but they have doubts about that, and think an extra year of nursery school may be better for him. I have still to register him for primary school in January but that the decison can be taken nearer the time - a year is a long time and much can happen.

I could almost cry with relief that finally people are taking our concerns seriously.

Edited by dekra

Glad you had a positive appointment :D

Beth had her first appointment with the paed yesterday - she was lovely. Have to go back in 4 months with a report from the school preschool. Paed said it can be hard to pin down with bright children at this age particularly girls so we're just monitoring the situation.

Glad you had a positive appointment :D

Beth had her first appointment with the paed yesterday - she was lovely. Have to go back in 4 months with a report from the school preschool. Paed said it can be hard to pin down with bright children at this age particularly girls so we're just monitoring the situation.

It takes a weight off your mind knowing they are not dismissing you doesn't it? Hope things go well with Beth.

Edited by dekra