Tally

I really really just want to sleep!

Since I moved into my new house about 2 weeks ago I have been unable to get a lie in because the curtains in my bedroom are so flimsy that the sunlight streams through at 8am and wakes me up.

I had a workman coming to do some odd jobs on Thursday and Friday, and he will be returning on Monday to finish. I asked him both days to please install the black-out blinds in my bedroom as a priority. I have early starts Monday to Friday (well, early for me anyway) and was really looking forward to my lie in this morning.

But no, many other jobs from the list are very nicely done. But I have no #*@$&"% blackout blinds!

It's now going to be a further week before I can catch up on my sleep.

Moving house has been a massive task. Last time I moved it took 3 weeks for me to recover. This time it's going to be 3 weeks before I can even start recovering! I'm getting about 6-8 hours' sleep per night and I need more like 10.

I didn't think of clothes pegs, but unfortunately all my towels and blankets are too thin to block out any light, even doubled. In the end i laid out the blinds on the window sill and pulled them upwards, securing them to the tops of the curtains with clothes pegs. They stil don't block out very much light, but hopefully it'll be enough to get a lie in tomorrow. I hope they will work better once they're fitted properly! Going to bed early makes a lot of sense, but i just do not sleep before about 11, no matter what time i go to bed. Hopefully the clothes pegs will do the trick tomorrow morning though.

Do you have a spare duvet cover that you could peg onto the curtains ?

If you get desperate for sleep, you could try sellotaping newspaper onto the window itself to block out some of the light.

When I was a teen I used a poster over the window (with masking tape so the paint or stain didn't come off) this muted the light - I guess a large sheet(s) of black card (size A2 or A1) would work if desperate (not too expensive)...

It did work well for an afternoon nap!

The sun us brightest in the mornings, but hopefully it will be good enough for a lie in in the morning as well.

Once I can recover from moving I can get myself into a more sensible routine, but for now I just need to sleep whenever I can before I go mad!

Clothes pegs were the answer :)

I'm pleased to say that it was only the alarm clock that woke me this morning :party:

I feel very refreshed and have managed to get some important things done today.