justine1

Any experience of Cafcass ?

Hi

I am currently going to court for various things regarding my ex husband.I am waiting for a hearing first week in January in the meantime the judge has asked for cafcass(?) to be involved. I know briefly about what they will do but just wanted to know of anybodys personal experience with them and how it all works?

Sam has a CAF already but I am guessing this is somehow different. Sorry if the topic has been raised I tried the search bar and it di'nt come up so hope its a new question, thank you.

Yes it is different.

This is a link to their website http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/about_cafcass.aspx

I've no experience of them.

Is the court proceedings you are talking about relating to divorce? Do you know what issues are going to be covered by this court case?

Edited by Sally44

Yes it is different.

This is a link to their website http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/about_cafcass.aspx

I've no experience of them.

Is the court proceedings you are talking about relating to divorce? Do you know what issues are going to be covered by this court case?

Thank you >:D<<'> I have to get a restraining order against him because he is harrassing me,,teling neighbours things about me and threatening my new partner. I went for this yesterday but he chose to come back and fight against the allegations.

We also have to arrange regular access with the kids. Dan has been living with him since last september but since april(when my new relationship became serious) Dan has not been to my home. I saw him one week for summer holiday when I took the boys away(without my current partner) and then for 2 hours in a park on 1 October. So basically I have missed out on just over 6mths of his life. He also tried to stop Dan's school sending me reports etc,the school of course said they will continue to send me.

I have been separated from him since Feb 2008 and want to get a divorce but solicitor has said I need to make sure I am safe and kids are safe before doing that. The judge ruled yesterday that we will both get access but in a public place, so every saturday I have all four boys 2 hrs and then he has all 4 for another 2 hours. We then go for a separate hearing in January to sort out the residency/access permanentley. Hence why cafcass will be involved to give kids opinions on what they want.

Edited by justine1

Hope you can get this sorted out without too much acrimony and stress. It's much better for the boys if things can be resolved amicably. Good luck!

>:D<<'>

K x

Hope you can get this sorted out without too much acrimony and stress. It's much better for the boys if things can be resolved amicably. Good luck!

>:D<<'>

K x

Thanks Kathryn >:D<<'> Wish I did'nt have to go through the court but I have tried so hard for 3 1/2years to be fair and understanding but I cannot take it anymore. It is very stressful but I have family support thank goodness and finally feel like I am getting somewhere.