Tanya52

An observation

I had a bad 12 hours migraine attack yesterday. I always knew that my sense of smell changes when I’m ill. So, I’ve decided to look how much and tried Channel 5. It had a smell like vomiting! This morning I feel OK and tried it again. It’s normal.

Have you ever experienced anything similar?

:)

Have you tried looking at synaesthesia?

When I feel ill (certain kinds of ill - not colds) I notice that more things smell horrible or unappetising if its food - its irritating - but I think its probably to do with feeling under the weather - and for some reason the sense of smell becomes heightened... Perfume makes me feel sick anyway lol :P

to Darkshine, :)

My sense of smell changed a lot as I grow older. Some of the smells including perfumes have a very powerful effect on me. I get very hooked and need to smell it again and again but it's not an addiction. I observed how my cat goes complete bonkers when smelled valerian. It’s something similar.

to Darkshine, :)

My sense of smell changed a lot as I grow older. Some of the smells including perfumes have a very powerful effect on me. I get very hooked and need to smell it again and again but it's not an addiction. I observed how my cat goes complete bonkers when smelled valerian. It’s something similar.

Its pretty cool :D

I saw this program once where this woman helped animals out (these animals all had problems) and for some of them she found a scent and the animal calmed down! Its was kinda funny cuz she had this big briefcase full of little bottles (nicely stacked not just thrown in there lol) and kept going through them til she found one the animal reacted positively to - the funniest one was a sheep that kept throwing people out of its pen (literally over the fence with its horns) and after they gave it this scent to smell, it calmed right down - pretty impressive I thought :P

If someone has perfume on and I get on a bus, I have to get off on the next stop cuz I can't breathe and feel well rough - but old lady hairspray is much much worse :lol:

Do you know Poison CD, I think? Ones I wore it and one lady in a supermarket nearly collapsed after she smelled it. I was terrified and run away. It's not an anecdote. I completely understand why you don't like perfumes; one has to be very careful what s/he wears in public places. :oops: