darkshine

Changing Ability

Does anyone else have a problem with losing abilities or skills, that they previously had?

Mine come back again but not always at the time I need them...

And how do I keep them hold of them? (the abilities or skills)

I think memory is linked to this, but what else?

:) After really bad migraine attacks I have left with the half of my memory. Vocabulary is effected the most but sentence structure is also very ambiguous.

I think that practice is the only answer. Try mnemonics, colour coding and drawing. Good meditations help to retrieve memory. :)

Yeah, things like forgetting how to operate something, like a fax machine, but also other things too...

For things like studying, memory is definitely a key factor, but I wonder if it is the same for other things, like manual things you do with your hands.

The thing that is pretty confusing is when an ability comes and goes - like creativity for example, which seems to be a common thing for lots of people (to come and go), but within that area (of creativity) I lose the ability to be able to do things that require precision for example, so one day I can paint, sketch, carve and do it pretty well, then other times I can't do it for all the money in the world.

Memory is another, once I sat down with a set of approx 42 Egyptian runes and memorised them in a little over 30 minutes, including what each was called (in Egyptian names) and what each one meant. I can't remember that now as I didn't practise my memory on it - but the key point is that I can't do this kind of skill on demand, I just get days where I can do things like that.

Talking and eye-contact are things that I have learnt to do better at times in my life, but it seems as though I suffer from a regression and I temporarily lose the ability.

DIY is another area, where I can pick up any power tool and do a near perfect job and other times I just wreck things (I've learnt to recognise when I have this ability over the years).

Balance is another, some days I can balance and others I bump into everything just standing on the floor, or I trip over my own feet, fall up the stairs etc...

A lot of them are like that (the skills or whatever) - if it were a few in isolation I wouldn't bother wondering about it - but when there's so many things it makes me wonder why this is, and do other people have this too? :unsure:

I control my body better by doing Pilates and swimming. I take mineral and vitamin supplements. I observed how the luck of magnesium affects my thyroid ( I’ve had overactive 18 months episode). My body talks to me and I try to listen. :)

I control my body better by doing Pilates and swimming. I take mineral and vitamin supplements. I observed how the luck of magnesium affects my thyroid ( I’ve had overactive 18 months episode). My body talks to me and I try to listen. :)

Did you have to iterate through the whole periodic table to find which element affects your thyroid? I thought iodine was the critical one, anyways...