Sign in to follow this  
hev

steven talking rudely

steve is 11 and ive noticed taking interest in girls,one in particular,his swimming teacher phoned today saying he keeps talking rudely to the girl and shes getting upset,as soon as steve saw she was upset he apologised,as he gets older ive explained he will get in trouble with other people if he talks like this,he doesnt understand as i think to him its only words and he forgets about it after,any advice or your experiences would be helpful

Is he being rude in the sense of being dismissive of her feelings,or in being unable to think of appropriate lines of conversation?

Perhaps he requires some suggestions on good topics for conversation or more of a social story,explaining how to behave in relation to girls.xx

Hi Hev - am I right in thinking Steve is talking rude as in sexual rude? Don't know if I've got much advice but I do feel for you. All matters sexy can be embarrassing enough but for our kids who don't always understand what they're saying or how they are saying it 'wrong' I reckon it's a minefield. My son has recently become fond of saying sexual things but he says them to me ! :o I'm not embarrassed but I find it hard to deal with because I worry he will say something at school which could be misenterpreted. I have told him the 'facts' about sex to stop the riduculous ideas he comes up with himself and have also told him it's not wrong to talk about such things but it is a private thing and not to be discussed with other kids as it's up their parents to tell them about it. Has your son been having sex education at school or something which may have made him focus on this? I suppose the other thing to say is that he is at 'that age' and from the things I've heard it's pretty normal for all kids at this sort of age to be quite rude and talk about sexy stuff. I know that probably doesn't help with your concerns in this particular instance I can only suggest keeping the lines of communication open with his swimming teacher about it and maybe asking her how she could help to manage the situation (it is her class).

Sorry if all that's no help or if I've got it wrong and Steve isn't saying the sort of things I imagine. I hope it all gets sorted out soon for you - take care - luv witsend.

hello witsend

yes he is talking rudely in a sexual way,he says things to a girl he likes very much(got a crush on her i think)"ive heard you do it for money" which isent a very good chat up line!it dont matter how much i try to explain people will take offence,hes not stopping saying these things,i keep hearing about social stories,what are they?do i make them up?

I wouldn't say that this is very rude and a problem but more embarrassing than anything. I bought a pool yesterday for the kids to play in, just enough for them to cool down in. I had problems trying to get one in the shops but eventually got one in the end 6ft/6ft but they are happy and really enjoying themselves.

My son had his trunks on and kept putting air in there and he told us all that his bum is in the front... :wacko: then he kept pulling his trunks out all the time as thought it was funny showing his privates.... :oops: and saying look at my boobies.. :oops:

What can you do I tried my best not to laugh but its difficult when you see them having fun but being rude at the same time.

Take care

Amanda

Hev HI - been thinking about you and wondering how you're getting on with the problem? Just read Amandas post and I know what you mean my son loves being rude and gets his bits out often (the last notable time was on our coffee table just in front of the big bay window just as a brownie pack of 7 year old girls was going past!! :lol::wacko: It was very funny on one level but not really on another ( I wondered how I'd of felt if one of the brownies was mine!) The trouble is as they get older it becomes less funny and if others are commenting on it seriously I do think it's very worrying. Still haven't had any bright ideas about what you can do to stop it but hope your not letting it get you too down 'cos at the end of the day it is all part of his 'condition' and it's not your fault. Hope that doesn't sound too 'hokey'. Just hope it's getting better not worse for you - take care - witsend.