Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

whats going on with regards to Bristol Move

My other post is getting off the topic, so creating a new one and whats going on.

well I found out i am allowed to move to bristol, but its up to bristol if they can take me or not. Social services my end said as I am capable of making my own decisions that they don't have to become involved nor agree funding.

We have been ringing around places- supported places, and emailed council, awaiting a reply. Voice UK is going to get advocacy involved in helping me with regards to housing, but they will still help me with the housing side.

I am still awaiting reply from Bristol council. Hope something can be done- I need to get away from people my end because I don't feel safe. Safety has to come first.

NAS community adviser said if i get place give them a call and there sort out something.

SS are hardly likely to stop you moving out of there area, one less person on their books.

So what your looking for is some sort of supported housing. It a while since I worked for a council, but back then if you were from outside the council area you stood no chance of getting anything from the council. A requirement was that you were a resident in the area before anything was forthcoming.

Can you not just move to a different area within the same council. Like all places Bristol has good and bad places to live, should hear what me wife has to say about where her ex in-laws lived in Bristol. The last place on earth you would want to live by what she says.

Edited by chris54

sorry couldnt reply much cos were on the phone.

The situation im in, isn't what u think. Moving to another council in my area that wont work.

I havent even got the support i need. This situation i can not discuss on this forum or im going against the rules.

I live in supported housing as it is, but i may have to move into temporary accomondation NAS suggested until they found me somewhere cos i still need support

But i just want some people to be positive of what im doing. I know what i am doing.

I know i cant just move into supported accomodation but there will be a chance sooner or later i know it be a long process but there are considerations to take into account... we aren't giving up.

Edited by Special_talent123