Is the social worker going to help you get some home care?

.. So what is your question..?

May I be pressumptious to say.. you might not have a clue what to expect from a social worker (coming over or do you go to visit her/him?)

Or I guess you'd like to know if you'd just need a social worker or if you'll get referred to other help..?!

That is for the social worker to figure out still.. he/she will try and get to the bottom of what kinda things might work against you.. and what things you manage just fine!

And than get adequate help for the things you struggle with :D

That is usually done by asking questions and observation..

For you it might be useful to already make a list of things that are getting brushed aside/procrastinated (as far as you are aware) ;

but also things you'd like advise in..

situations you might have difficulty with..

etc etc

I hope this helps you a bit..

-----edit----

And if things aren't too clear for you.. if you have no problem with it: call and ask your clinical psychologist to explain..

That's what they are for ;-)

It's not odd at all to have someone else tell you how things will go.. and when out of the situation (distance in time or place..)

you finally get a better sence of overview and notice you have questions or a response! But you're not with that person anymore, hmmm :-(

and you might want to add.. if I perceive correctly that the info that there might be one or two people extra helping out, is giving you a lot of questions..

too much unknown factors.. and with that is causing actually móre anxiety than less..

Too much openness might be very unsettling for some ASD-folk..

Edited by butterfly73

i would try and get hold of the 'taking responsibility' report which lists some issues we can have difficulty with. Then i would write down what you feel ytou need help with for example 'i am unable to cook for myself or decide what to buy or eat so a support person could help me with this' or 'i need someone to help me understand my post and also to help me when i cannot communicate with others'.

My support helps me around the home to decide what to recycle, throw away and where to store my stuff. Also they help me shop once a week and cook meals, snacks, bread and cakes. They talk to me to help me plan my week and they help me access my swimming pool as the bus service is poor around here and i dont currently have access to a car. Also they can help me with my coursework and posting/addressing envelopes.