Sign in to follow this  
Sally44

IPSEA legal advice on their website

I don't know how long this has been on the IPSEA website - I think it is quite recent.

It gives examples of the kind of questions and difficulties parents often phone them with, and gives legal advice for each example. This looks very good to me, and would save parents alot of time searching for information.

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/Apps/Content/html/?fid=91

We used the IPSEA site for information and advice when we had to appeal against a refusal to assess a few months ago.

Overall we found it a very good starting point and an excellent introduction to the process.

LA eventually gave in before the hearing so the advice must have done some good :)

Yes, Ipsea have been around for a long time, and I have used them in the past.

But I wanted to post this information because it appears to be a new section, and it contains advice from a solicitor, answering the most common problems that parents have, including most of those posted on this forum.

That section was certainly there when I first looked back in September and is absolutely brilliant. When looking around I found that a lot of the advice tends to be very general and "wishy washy". While that is understandable and necessary in many ways - all children are individuals - it is very frustrating when coming in for the first time.

I found the case studies very good in providing concrete examples and providing a benchmark against which to assess our own situation.