Tally

Autscape - Help With Costs

Autscape have asked me to let you know about a scheme that is offering discounts on fees for this year's event.

Autscape 2012 is Monday 23rd July to Thursday 26th July in Ditchingham, East Anglia.

You can find out more about Autscape here: http://www.autscape.org/

You can view the fees here: http://www.autscape.org/registration

Note that Autscape already offers a £20 discount to people on a low income, but if this is still too expensive for you, then the discount scheme might be able to help you out.

You can apply up until 15th April, and should hear by 30th April so that you have time to book transport.

You can only apply for a discount if you haven't already booked for Autscape.

This scheme is completely separate from Autscape, and Autscape won't be able to answer any questions about it.

You can read more about the discount scheme here, and there is also a link to the application form: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68319144/flyer.pdf

I didn't realise it was Monday to Thursday. I thought it was Tuesday to Friday. I really want to go but I'm getting married on the Friday. Do you think it would be too crazy going to Autscape the week I'm getting married? I found it so relaxing last year and wonder whether it would be a good thing to do to keep me calm :s

You might be needed for last-minute organising, but people can get hold of you by mobile if need be. Trouble is that Autscape have a habit of picking venues with poor mobile phone signal. But you could still seek out a spot and check for messages from time to time. If you're fretting about the wedding it might spoil your enjoyment of Autscape. On the other hand, Autscape might keep you busy and keep your mind off your nerves. It's in East Anglia, so it might be reasonable for you to travel there for just 1-2 days maybe.

I'd love to see you again, but I think you have a very good excuse if you decide against it!

I'm thinking maybe it would be a bad idea. I don't know if it would stress me out more or help me relax so I guess I shouldn't take the risk.

I've only been once but I loved it. They don't video the speakers unfortunately. There is a mixture of speakers talking, discussions and lesiure activites. There's also a sensory room. The thing I liked the most was being around other people who understood me for a change. In 'real life' I always feel the need to fit in as much as possible and not do things that aren't considered 'normal' but at Autscape I felt like I could be me and no one cared if I did things that aren't considered socially acceptable. Also you get to wear a badge showing how much you wish to interact so everyone knows whether you want to talk but find it hard to initiate of whether you're not in the mood for any interaction etc.