Sign in to follow this  
LISAA

sleep and home

Hi don't know if anyone can help or has been in this situation.My son who is four and asd has been having disturbed sleep for about the last four months. He has was always a good sleeper but early waker. Now he seems to wake up 4 times a night same sort of times and then seems to be wide awake at 4.15am (used to be 6ish). Th strangest thing is it seems to be at home but not while away on holiday or at nans etc.

Can anyone shed any light or suggest anything that i could do.

Hi Lisa my son has adhd he is 11 years old his been an earlybird since he was little also he wakes up 2 or 3 in morning an wanders round the house i spoke to my consultant and now he has 25mgs of Amitriptyline tablet about an hr before bed and that seems to help he also in on 40mgs of Ritalin a day he has just had his year 6 sats tests and he past with level 4 i was made up as he has jumped 3 levels since september i hope this helps to know your not on your own with this problem i was told he was to high at night so his brain keeps running on over time xxxxxxxTinyxxxxxx :pray: