Jenny Taylor

New here

Hello,just found this site and wanted to get some advice.

My 15 year old son is in the process of possibly being diagnosed with aspergers. He has always been different but I never reall noticed how much,I just put it down to him being a child and just being him. It never dawned on me that there could be something wrong with him. My boy is my boy,just a bit odd :)

Its only been in the last year or so that I've finally noticed that other teens his age aren't doing or saying the things he does! Then I thought,oh!

I have to be very specific how I tell him things.

I'm confused.com and nervous of what lies ahead for us now. If u have any advice,please leave me a message!!! Thanku.

Hello - not much advice from me I'm afraid, but there's people here who are great at advice - post in "help and advice" or "general" forum and you might pick up some better answers than the one I've given here :D

hes made it as far as his teenage years and he sounds relitvley fine to me from your post, hes just a bit odd, nothing wrong with that. aspergers for some just helps sculpt there personality and isnt really a problem. everybodys different.

Hi Jenny,

This sounds like a similar situation to ours - my son has recently had his assessment, and we are due to get the results next week. As you say, he was always a bit different and a bit isolated - he is very intelligent, so we put some stuff down to that. He is almost 13, and thngs came to a bit of a head last year.

Since we made some changes - he comes home for lunch now as he says the canteen is too stressful - things are more stable - but we always feel he could lose it again any minute. I worry about his future too - I don't suppose everyone will be as patient with him as we are - and too much stress makes him retreat into his shell. Saying that, just having some 'de-stress' time at lunchtime, means he is doing very well at mainstream school, so , so far, so good..

Not much help I imagine - but just knowing you are not alone might help.

Diane

hi everyone, im 35 and just in the initial stages of getting diagnosed with aspergers,im very much a loner, cant hold down a job, even having a converstaion with people is hard work as is everyday tasks such as shopping and going out, i tend to feel like im cut of from the world and that nobody thinks the same way as me and that my whole outlook on life and the world is totally different to anyone i know, it would just be good to talk to people in the same situation as me and to get a little advice,

Rachel