Sign in to follow this  
epicvolts

It does sound like alot of homework!

And by protesting you are making it clear that you are not the person who asked for the additional homework.

And if the protest is done in a peaceful way, it is a democratic way of all the children showing that they are not happy with the increase in homework.

Let us know how it goes.

And I hope that you don't get into any trouble over it. Can't think why you would.

Maybe also getting the kids to sign a petition??

You might find the teachers join in. They already have mounds of paperwork to do, the last thing they want is extra homework to mark! Even if the protest doesn't work straight away, you might find the homework fizzles out after a while anyway.

My daugher complains she gets too much homework and that is about 10-12 pieces a week if she's unlucky.

Would it help if nobody did any homework at all as a protest?

Can't understand why you are getting the blame for all of this when clearly, it wasn't your parents that phoned up to complain.

It's an excellent idea. Deflating the bubble the school have surrounded themselves with will go down well overall.

I think it's relevant to say that the only really important grades are the ones you get in public exams. Not doing homework might get you into trouble at the time but deliver on the exams and no one will ever care afterwards.

One of the key differences between school and higher education is that you have to take control of the decision making on what assignments to do and what can be left. In my own subject of engineering, so much work was set it was literally impossible to complete. A ruthless triage system was necessary to make sure that I only spent time on the most critical areas.

Looking back being forced to learn this skill is one of the most critical lessons I learned during my education. In the world of work, it is often the difference between success and failure.