Sign in to follow this  
Sally44

CHILD TAX CREDIT AND WORKING TAX CREDIT

Just wanted to post this article because it seems that many parents/adults/carers have been given misleading information about their Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits.

For example, a couple who previously had to work 16 hours a week to meet the criteria have been told it has increased to 24 hours a week. But if one of the parents is a full time carer the limit reduces again to a combined total of 16 hours a week.

So read the article carefully, and phone the Tax Credits Helpline for advice if you think you are still eligible, or if your child tax or working tax credit has incorrectly ceased.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17567679

I'm just bumping this up again because it is getting to the time of WFTC renewals, and anyone on, or previously on, WFTC or WTC should read the article to be sure they are getting the benefits they are entitled to. Especially as it appears a number of people had incorroctly had their payments stopped or been told they were not eligible.

Got my renewal sat here waiting to be filled in. Been waiting for some figures which have just turned up. So I must get on and do it now, well later as I of outside into the sunshine right now.

Blimey that was quick!

I've got to renew ours, and my sisters [as her advocate].

Due to IB ceasing i've been informed i'll receive ESA whilst the appeal is going through. So I have got to contact the department for Carers Allowance, WFTC and WTC and Council Tax Benefit to notify them of the changes.

IB ceasing has had a knock on effect with everything else. And the general result is less money - what a surprise!

Plus they all want to know WHAT money I will receive. Well how do I know. That is why I am phoning to notify you of changes, which will cause them to change the benefit they pay me or my husband, which will cause me to have to phone the other benefit agencies to tell them of the changes you have made following my changes - and around and around we go.

Edited by Sally44