Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

My Diagnoses Speech Delay, Learning Disability, Dyspraxia, Depression Autism, Adjustment disorder and BPD

I had an idea that I am going to share a background about myself being diagnosed with ' speech delay, learning disability, dyspraxia, clinical depression, Autism, adjustment disorder and borderline personality disorder.'

I asked mum a question which she isnt going to remember a lot because she had ECT to shock her a bit. I asked her when she first something wasnt quite right with me which was 18 months, then i asked her what made her realise something was wrong with me her response was ' always falling over'.

But i have reports on me so i can give a background about me. I was born jaundice, i did howeer asked mum was i ever premature her response was 'no because 9 weeks old isnt premature'. Later on i developed something called 'Colic' which now explains why i am intolerant to lactose but im intolerant to gluten as well.... makes sense why the dietician wondered why i wasnt as a kid had a problem before now makes sense.

I had trouble with my speech- i could talk but you couldn't understand anything i said. I read a book over and oer again when was questioned i had got my answers correct. My speech was improving obviously through speech therapy but when i moved to south west of england i had said one word and pointed at the logo 'dolphin'. I asked my mum when i started developing speaking in sentences and she doesnt remember but it not on my report.

I had trouble interacting with my peers, i was often bullied by them. it was said that i was a quiet and shy young girl but got on well with quieter peers but had difficulty talking with the other peers.

when i went to south west first school and said my comprehension was ranging from 3-4 year old. I was a girl who was willing to work on my ownor in small groups. I had lots of outbursts at school and would throw chairs at teachers but i didnt understand right from wrong.

I was diagnosed with dyspraxia at age 9- I was always having accidents falling over, burnt myself with a kettle, falling oer my bicycle.

When i went to school at a mainstream south west school i thought i had friends, they gave me this imaginary pet to look after and when i was in the librbary with the learner support assistant doing work- i would say my hamster has fallen on the floor, dont let it go. That school was quite bad for me i was constnatly dragged to the headmaster by dinner ladies but i didnt know what i did wrong and was made to write an apology to the teacher but i dodnt know what to write because i didnt know what i did wrong.

i had obsessions with dolphins- that was my first word when i moved south west. i collect eerything on dolphins.

It was said that if i did not make an improvement in my learning and behaviour i would be asked to be removed from the school. my mum sought help and we were referred to a paeditrician and then i got sent to special school.... that was a quite decision because i made friends and i did well in my learning and my behaviour was improving.

i was refgerred to a soccial worker because i had difficulties in a lot of things and my parents couldnt deal with it. i went to a youth club that i hated my sister went to it too and there was funding social services had to pay for me to attend but i was bullied there and i was constantly punished in there. i had shared care too to give my parents a break.

when i was 11 i had an accident wqith a boiling hot kettle but when was 12 i had to have a skin graft and thought i was going to die. My grandma my dads mum died then and i was grieving so much i had to have therapy i was then diagnosed with clinical depression. The paeditirican also started looking into diagnosis of ' fragile X syndrome, ADD, Aspergers' that was a no to aspergers because of my speech and language delay but when i was 14 years old i had been diagnosed with autism=- the nurse asked me to be reassessed for autism and not aspergers as i were displaying the symptoms. I was at school age 14 being forced to make eye contact not understand why i had to make eye contact it was exteremly uncomfortable. also the teacher would ask me what happened in the story book- the one that isnt true, she wouldnt believe me i had trouble remembering what happened in the book not that i could even understand what was about.

i was bulied at special school too. i had a social worker come into school to see me to teach me basic skills such as washing my hair and learn to type on a computer to do the work book she do with me.

by the time i reached age 17/18 it was said that i had adjustment disorder which the psychologist explained that it is difficulty in adjusting to new situations, which confused me because change is to do with autism.

i had been bullied and abused as well and they decided to diagnose me with BPD but that was the wrong diagnose especially when it clashes with autism but i know that i have CPTSD so does my nurse but they are failing to diagnose me to prevent me being on the mental health team which they are using my IQ below 70- as the barrier because i have a learnbing disability with my autism which is extremely unfair.

A diagnoses of CPTSD want get you put on the community mental health team when you have a learning disability, you'll be treated in the same team as you are now.

i dont get treatment and they said my nurse they dont want me a diagnosis of CPTSD because i will be on the mental health team. i do not get the resources that are supposed to be provided- but im only sharing what my life has been over the years of how im diagnosed and stuff.

Edited by Special_talent123