LancsLad

Dear Esther

Has anybody been through the Dear Esther 'gaming' experience and if you had what are your thoughts? If you have not heard of this then have a look at the preview below. I can wholly recomend it and say this is nothing like a traditional computer game. My partner has been through it and likewise thought it was two hours well spent. Once started she couldn't stop untill she reached the conclusion. Very thought provoking stuff.

There are full walkthrough's on You Tube which saves you a a few quid but being able to wander through the experience is a big element in how it feels so would advise paying for the download if you are at all interested. I have been through three times now and each time it is a little bit different.

How much does it change if you replay it through - you say it was a little bit different - but was it different enough? (Without giving anything away) :P

And was it interesting enough to want to play it through 3 times or did you just do that to see what changes there were?

Edited by darkshine

Without giving stuff away, there is a story line which runs through the experience and you get dragged into it trying to work out what are the meanings. When you play it some of the dialouges are random in that they put a different slant on things.

Its well worth 2 goes, the second time takes about 90 minutes to re listen to the stuff simply to either confirm or discount your initial conclusions.

Without giving stuff away, there is a story line which runs through the experience and you get dragged into it trying to work out what are the meanings. When you play it some of the dialouges are random in that they put a different slant on things.

Its well worth 2 goes, the second time takes about 90 minutes to re listen to the stuff simply to either confirm or discount your initial conclusions.

Got it, played it, loved it :D

I really liked the end - I definitely want to play it through once more to see if I missed anything, what bits are different, and to see if my conclusions change.

Thanks for mentioning it :thumbs: