smileyK

High risk of Weight gain on anti depressants ???

I been on risperdal before this really increased ramped speeded up appetite ended up comfort eating so crept up suddenly put on weight loads so scared worried if he decides put me on anti depressant medication on Thursday morning it happen again repeat cause weight gain ??? Really don't want risk it happening all over! I thinking going back on paroxetine as this last time I was on this didn't cause any weight gain Or increase appetite but never know things do swap change around it freaking me out if exercise still go gym or jogging should I be safe take medication is it irrational anxiety/fear thought I have in back of my head! If on really low dosage will this help decrease weight gain risk or won't it matter what I do try minimise try prevent it from occurring in first place ???

the weight gain is likely to be water retention, i cant see how they would have any metobolic effect (dont quote me on that though, i could be wrong) as your mood improves from the anti d,s so will our attitude to training, when happier you think clearer, and you will more than likely do conscious and effective reasearch as to how to achieve youre fittness goals. in the short term, you may gain a pound here and there, in the long term, you,ll have a clear mind to achieve your goals and enjoy your training. to sum up, get your mind healthy first, then the rest will follow.

Speak to your doctor about your concerns about weight gain, but if he prescribes anti-depressants, then take them.

~ Mel ~

I told weight nurse about weight gain worry /concern I have occurring she said not too worry try reassure me that she will keep an eye on it! :( but still scared worried ! And if find out gaining weight will stop taking them !! :(

Been prescribed paroxetine (seroxat) 20 Mg 1:10 is weight gain um ... ??? :( not sure done right thing? Both best friend & weight nurse sat in! Got see doctor when come back off my holiday! Questioning myself if really need it! ? So confused! Explained high and low which sudden! Is this just plain depression on it's own? Gave me some websites on anxiety/depression and samartians number asked if wanted see surgery counsellor but I don't as come from general POV and not AS & MH issues!

Realistically how common likely is weight gain to occur when on low small dosage of anti depressant ??? Anyone reassure me it going be ok with side effect because didnt effect or bother me before when look it in July 2010 if keep up with exercising should I be ok? Or should still be worried concerned???

just looked up as really bothering me stressing me out that on MIND website gives information that SSRI's meds is uncommon side effect of increased appetite which is good for me! and common side effect is loss of appetite and weight loss bonus! :)

I was on that and I didn't gain weight. I think you should put the scales away for a couple of months, take the tablets regularly and hopefully you'll start to feel better and less stressed about it.

~ Mel ~