Sign in to follow this  
carolinew

Diagnosis at last!!!

my 12 year old daughter was yesterday given the diagnosis of aspergers/autism after a 5 year fight to get someone to acknowledge that she had a problem. up til that point it had all been blamed on me being an over anxious mother. i feel releived to finally get the problem recognised but now feel totally overwhelmed as to what to do next!!!

Congratulations! If thats the right word. I'm sure you feel as most of us did at dx. Thrilled, relieved, and a little bit sad!!

Here is a really great place to start. Since Sam was dx in March I've learnt so much through this forum and it's such a wonderful feeling being among people who understand and are with you every step of the way. Whatever you need to know there will be someone here who can answer you and give support. So welcome Caroline if you need infomation or just want to let of steam this is the place to be!!

Kazz

Thank you so much for that. I do feel sad but am trying to look at it as a new start. My daughter has spent so much of her short life being anxious and mis understood that its got to get better than this! At least now when people say that i have a naughty child or that i'm just a over anxious mum i will know in my heart that they are wrong

Caroline