Sign in to follow this  
Lyndalou

Anyone else like 'Bones'?

Just wondering... :)

Got a funny feeling it might not be... :rolleyes::)

It's quite a long-running TV show about forensic anthropologists who work at the Smithsonian Institute who help solve murders when there are only bones to study as opposed to a body. IMO it's well written and quite amusing and the characters are nicely rounded and likeable. The main character is loosely based on the one in the books written by Kathy Reichs and although not made explicit, she is based on someone with Aspergers. It's not happened yet but I read that at some point in this series she starts looking into whether she has the condition or not.

Yes I do, it was something my partner watched for the first two series then I got hooked.

Hodgin's is my favorite character out of the bunch because i guess I see a lot of myself in him, my partner would agree. I think the last couple of series have become a bit weaker as some of the story lines and supporting analysis around the cases has become a bit far fetched, but I still find it good enetertainment.

My partner thought I might like it because of the AS element but it doesn't really make a difference to me to be honest.

I loved the earlier series - I wouldn't miss an episode - but I started to go off it when the character "Angie" became pregnant and then gave birth. And now, of course, "Temperance" herself has a baby and I've stopped watching altogether.

I like Hodgins too (he's got a nice sarcastic streak) but I actually quite like all the characters in different ways. What is nice to see is that they all have their different strengths but that they are allowed by each other to have their weaknesses and they are still a strong and supportive team. Maybe I enjoy this part of it because I've never experienced it! I probably like Brennan the best because, yes she's very logical and intelligent but she's also feisty and will never be walked all over and has a very 'human' quality.

It probably has got a bit schmaltzy with the two (actually three if you count Sweets and his odd girlfriend) relationships becoming more established although it has been nice to see how it has changed the dynamics within the team and they probably trust each other and depend on each other even more now. I always think in all these types of shows that they can only come up with so many scenarios before they have to rehash plotlines or go bigger and brasher (CSI Miami, case in point) so it probably won't go on too much longer.

:dance: